"U2-charist": Bono moves in mysterious ways

Mon Jan 29, 9:18 AM ET LONDON (Reuters) - For Anglicans who still haven’t found what they’re looking for, the Church of England is staging its first “U2-charist” communion service – replacing hymns with hit songs by the Irish supergroup…

A live band is to play U2 classics like “Beautiful Day” and “Mysterious Ways” with special singalong lyrics displayed on a giant screen. Seating for the 500-strong congregation is to be re-arranged so everyone can dance and wave their hands.

I have the ideal Catholic mass U2 songs to be used…

Opening- Gloria

Offertory- Acrobat

Communion- Grace

closing- I still Haven’t Found…

This reminds me of The Simpsons episode where Bart (who else?) at the beginging of the service, hands out copies of the “hymn” “In a Garden of Eden”

17.5 minutes later (including the mandatory lit cigarettte stance in the congregation during the “drum solo”) the organist lady collapses in exaustion

You mean, of course, the Iron Butterfly song?

“In A Gadda da Vida?” Or was it called “In a Garden of Eden” in that episode?

That’s what Bart re-titled it

That reminds me of a friend of mine. When he was a little kid, he thought Creedence Clearwater Revival had a song called “There’s a Bathroom on the Right.”:rotfl:

When Bart and Homer converted to Catholicism, Homer said, “Once you go Vatican, you can never go back’agin.”

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.