UK condemns Muslim Brotherhood in break from Obama administration

foxnews.com/politics/2015/12/25/uk-condemns-muslim-brotherhood-in-break-from-obama-administration.html

A powerful report by the U.K. government accuses the Muslim Brotherhood of being sympathetic to terrorists and a risk to British national security, striking a contrast with the Obama administration’s more conciliatory approach – and fueling criticism that the U.S. government should wake up to the threat.

“I think the report is a damning indictment of the Muslim Brotherhood, and it’s a very realistic assessment of the nature of the Brotherhood itself,” Nile Gardiner, director of the Heritage Foundation’s Margaret Thatcher Center for Freedom, told FoxNews.com. “The British government has taken a far more serious approach compared to the Obama administration’s.”

I think it is fairly damning that it has taken this long for the British government to recognize the Muslim Brotherhood for what it is.
Obama’s close associations with people high in the ranks of the Muslim brotherhood/Hamas such as Rashid Khalidi have been part of the public record from the very beginning, so it is understandable why he has taken the stance he has.
As for Britain, who knows why they have not broken with Obama long ago.

yes. I wonder why they waited until his last year in office? :shrug:

I would like to know what their red flag finally was. :shrug:

The Muslim brotherhood is outright troublesome, I can’t imagine ignoring it any longer. This bill from Cruz, what happened with this, nothing yet?

freebeacon.com/national-security/congress-moves-to-label-muslim-brotherhood-a-terrorist-group/

nationalreview.com/article/426726/ted-cruz-right-muslim-brotherhood-terrorist-organization-andrew-c-mccarthy

The new account, resulting from an exhaustive investigation by respected foreign-policy experts, presents a brutally honest and in-depth examination of the movement. In breaking from the US, the UK has ironically shifted closer to Egypt, the UAE, and Saudi Arabia in identifying the MB as a terrorist group.

algemeiner.com/2015/12/23/breaking-from-obama-administration-uk-calls-muslim-brotherhood-a-terrorist-organization/

The document, prepared by one of Bin Zayed’s team and dated 12 October, contains two key quotes which describe the frustration bin Zayed feels about*** Sisi, whose military coup the Crown Prince bankrolled, pouring in billions of dollars along with Saudi Arabia.*** It says: “This guy needs to know that I am not an ATM machine.” Further on, it also reveals the political price the Emiratis will exact if they continue to fund Egypt. - See more at: middleeasteye.net/news/exclusive-emirati-plan-ruling-egypt-2084590756#sthash.MO99Phdz.dpuf

I think this website says UAE and Saudi Arabia actually bankrolled the military to throw out the Muslim Brotherhood rule in Egypt.

Sometimes, the excuse we seem to hear is that MB were democratically elected.

So in short, it’s odd that Saudi Arabia sees the MB as more of a radical threat than we would.

Troublesome for sure.

Each and every presidential candidate should be asked their opinion of the Muslim Brotherhood and its influence on the American government, we urged back in September. “Should the Muslim Brotherhood be viewed as some benign, moderate organization?” we asked, “Or instead as the organization that spawned Al Qaeda and other significant terrorist organizations?”

Far from a conspiracy theory, the influence of CAIR and the Muslim Brotherhood upon this and future administrations must be confronted head on, whether members of the mainstream media choose to look the other way, or peddle CAIR’s lies.

aim.org/aim-column/media-continue-attacks-on-muslim-brotherhood-critics/

Found a few articles dealing with this intriguing subject:

UK intelligence had warned against ‘fruitless’ probe of Muslim Brotherhood

*Jenkins review, due to be published on Thursday, was ordered primarily due to foreign pressure on British prime minister, not national interest

LONDON - British intelligence warned Prime Minister David Cameron against ordering his review into links between the Muslim Brotherhood and terrorism, the Middle East Eye can disclose.

MEE understands that a senior official from MI5, the domestic intelligence service, personally warned the prime minister that the review, which was concluded last summer, would prove fruitless.

MI5 was also concerned that launching a review into the Brotherhood risked damaging relations with elements in the British Muslim community, whom they have used in the past to oust Salafi Jihadis from mosques in Britain.

But David Cameron, who came under huge pressure from the United Arab Emirates to launch his survey, took no notice of the advice.

The revelation comes as the government prepares to publish an edited version of the long delayed 200-page report on Thursday.

We understand that the review will not recommend that the Brotherhood be proscribed as a terrorist organisation – a conclusion that will be greeted with fury from the United Arab Emirates. Cameron was told there was no organisation or assets in Britain that belonged officially to the Muslim Brotherhood, no building with a plaque on it that served as its headquarters. The only route was to go after individuals and their bank accounts.

I will read the other links on this webpage to see if they are consistent with this article.

Note, who is going after the MB is UAE!

Dec. 17, 2015:

Britain will not ban Muslim Brotherhood: Cameron

The Jenkins review into the group was released on Thursday after repeated delays

British Prime Minister David Cameron on Thursday said that the UK would not ban the Muslim Brotherhood group, however, he did stress that having links with the Brotherhood could be a “possible indicator of extremism”. - See more at: middleeasteye.net/news/britain-will-not-ban-muslim-brotherhood-cameron-1567027974#sthash.mnYXy1tG.dpuf

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.