UK: Police “Covered Up” Violent Campaign To “Islamicize” Area Of London…

Police have been accused of “covering up” a campaign of abuse, threats and violence aimed at “Islamicising” an area of London.

Victims say that officers in the borough of Tower Hamlets have ignored or downplayed outbreaks of hate crime, and suppressed evidence implicating Muslims in them, because they fear being accused of racism.

The claims come as four Tower Hamlets Muslims were jailed for at least 19 years for attacking a local white teacher who gave religious studies lessons to Muslim girls.
The Sunday Telegraph has uncovered more than a dozen other cases in Tower Hamlets where both Muslims and non-Muslims have been threatened or beaten for behaviour deemed to breach fundamentalist “Islamic norms.”

One victim, Mohammed Monzur Rahman, said he was left partially blind and with a dislocated shoulder after being attacked by a mob in Cannon Street Road, Shadwell, for smoking during the Muslim holy month of Ramadan last year.

“Two guys stopped me in the street and asked me why I was smoking,” he said. “I just carried on, and before I knew another dozen guys came and jumped me. The next thing I knew, I was waking up in hospital.”

telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/8570506/Police-covered-up-violent-campaign-to-turn-London-area-Islamic.html

I haven’t read the Quran, but sometimes I wonder who’s telling the truth about Islam. What kind of religion is it? Are the peaceful majority following the book as we’re told, or are the violent ones more faithful to Muhammed’s actual teachings? Right now I’m focusing on learning the truth of Catholicism though.

Read the Koran but watch this video first.It kind of puts everything into perspective about this religion/ideology that seeks world imposition of Sharia law,with us as converts or serving dhimmitude.

youtube.com/watch?v=reX7vGb-ToA

Well, no. That’s not perspective. That’s a hate video. The uploader’s name, “BurnKoran,” should have been a tipoff. It’s propaganda and distortions presented with an attractive and disorienting arrangement of animated text.

1. Muslim terrorists are not, as the video suggests, the norm. That’s myopic. There are over a billion muslims in the world, and if they were all terrorists, well, we’d know it.

2. Taqqiya only exists within the Shi’a branch, about ten percent of muslims, most of whom live in either Iran or Iraq. It’s a special dispensation for denying one’s faith in the face of imminent threat of death.

3. Shari’a isn’t a monolith. it varies with the sect, the school, and the region. The more extreme forms are restricted to the near vicinity of the Arabian peninsula. There’s no shortage of muslim girls in miniskirts in north Africa, at least not in the cities.

I don’t much care for Islam, any more than I care for any of the Abrahamic religions. But the things that concern me about Islam are real, developed out of my interactions with muslims in their own countries. Unlike this video, where they’ve bypassed all that, and instead opted to just make things up.

As ever, Jesse

[quote=Pax et Bonum]It kind of puts everything into perspective about this religion/ideology that seeks world imposition of Sharia law,with us as converts or serving dhimmitude.
[/quote]

[quote=lao tzu]3. Shari’a isn’t a monolith. it varies with the sect, the school, and the region.
[/quote]

It is also worth noting that there are many different interpretive schools of Islamic law, ranging from the ultra-literalist Hanbali to the more modernist, “liberal” Hanifa school. Merely saying, “Sharia”, expecting everyone to gasp, and then citing the most radically fundamentalist interpretation of hadiths or the Koran is quite deceptive.

lao tsu, you’re the first Taoist I’ve come across on these forums. That’s kind of exotic around here.

Good real world examples of sharia states would be Iran, Saudi Arabia, and the Hamas run state of Gaza. Afghanistan under the Taliban was another. With Muslims being criminalized for converting to Christianity, it still has many elements of sharia in it.

Pakistan also incorporates many aspects of sharia into its blasphemy laws at least.

If Egyptian elections put in the Muslim Brotherhood, then this will undoubtedly be another good example. Copts can tell you what even the modicum of Islamism meant to their religious expression under the former non-Islamist regime, with all the second class aspects of dhimmitude being a part of the daily religious lives.

Turkey is an example of a secular state that is incorporating more and more elements of sharia into it.

Then there are a few failed states in North Africa were thuggery is assumed by the population to be the proper expression of sharia law. Democratic elections tend to put Muslims who desire Islam into these countries, and the results have been rather horrific.

I am unaware of any sharia state that would have anything resembling modern humanitarian rules of law, tolerance of other religions to express themselves on par with Islam, or a justice blind to religious orientation being practiced in the world today.

Those most schooled in the Koran who seek Sharia states tend to go the routes of the religious police of Saudi or the ayatollahs of Iran as what sharia is all about.

The leftist that run our western education systems seem to be mostly unaware of such real world examples though in their idealization of what Sharia really means.

17 CAF members list their religion as Taoist, and if you include variations such as Shinto-Taoism, the number rises to 21. However, only three have posted more than 100 times.

More on topic, I think that police downplaying the reputation of an area is not uncommon. However, the allegation that the police are actually ignoring crimes is serious.

Indeed. :yup::clapping:

Perhaps it is a hate video because you disagree with it?
Is there one thing wrong with each posit?Can you contradict them with evidence?I never said Shari’a IS a monolith according to the Koran.Specific penalties are prescribed for specific crimes.Shari’a is a form of legalism/fascism that denigrates women and has barbaric penalties for law breakers.
I have seen videos of young homosexuals being hung from cranes and slowly strangling.If you can refute from the Koran any of the three things I will apologise.The video does not suggest that all Muslims are terrorists but the Koran says all Muslims must obey the Koran which includes the permissability of deception and that later more violent writings supercede the earlier more gentle ones.If you don’t agree and call this a hate video-take it up with Mohammed.Funny how it all seems to tie in with the story the original OP posted.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ox7OdSQxDO0&feature=related PLEASE watch this one-a testament by a woman who escaped Shari’a.

The balance of these are quite disturbing and should be viewed with those with strong stomachs.

youtube.com/watch?v=s8LwPJ2ucKk

youtube.com/watch?v=PbhiWynpwIU&feature=related

youtube.com/watch?v=tLN11ym5uXE&feature=related

youtube.com/watch?v=nroAvBnkM-E&feature=related

youtube.com/watch?v=OaMdrefDQJ4&feature=related

youtube.com/watch?v=lZkbALJCEm0&feature=related

youtube.com/watch?v=zL_zP2pHp3w&feature=related

youtube.com/watch?v=W0ld1HWUx04&feature=related

youtube.com/watch?v=O3DlDPqZz3E&feature=related

youtube.com/watch?v=8Uy5LaK25qA&feature=fvwrel

youtube.com/watch?v=Ox7OdSQxDO0&feature=related

youtube.com/watch?v=9nuCETPrGtY&feature=related

“I don’t much care for Islam, any more than I care for any of the Abrahamic religions. But the things that concern me about Islam are real, developed out of my interactions with muslims in their own countries. Unlike this video, where they’ve bypassed all that, and instead opted to just make things up”

Yeah,right.:rolleyes:.

I think there is enough real world examples of what Sharia is for any of us not to know:shrug:

“citing the most radically fundamentalist interpretation of hadiths or the Koran is quite deceptive.”

Read the Koran.I have-it was dictated by a seventh century illiterate,child rapist and murderer.It justifies the death of infidels -that would be me,and dhimmitude which is slavery.Whether one group is moderate is moot they are bound by the Koran and Haddith or they are apostates.Why do you think there is so much Muslim upon Muslim bombings and murder?

Plenty of Christian upon Christian bombings and murder historically to. Whilst I do not idealise Islam and have many concerns about some of it’s teachings and real world applictions I to would be most cautious to of using youtube videos uploaded by users with names like ‘BurnKoran’ to judge Islam by. I’ve disagreed with Lao Tzu several times in the past but I have to say on the whole I’d tend to agree with their points on this occassion.

We, Christian, grew out of violence in the name of God. The Muslims have not and still continue to kill and enslave others. If you coward in front of Muslims, they will continue to gang on you. That’s exactly what happens here. Our PC culture and liberal ideas of peace and sing Kumbayah are killing us slowly.

If you consider taking videos uploaded to Youtube by users with the name of ‘BurnKoran’ wiith a grain of salt as been cowardly and PC that is course a possible choice. Some Muslims are inclined to extremism but you will notice one of the chief victims in the article in the OP was a Muslim himself who was completely bemused by the whole idea.

The Islamification of Europe continues unabated. It’s being done via hate speaking, protest marches against other faiths, redicalisation in shcools and universities and back door via the hidden introduction of halal meat in mainstream supermarkets and fast food outlets.

Islam, and their followers, flatly refuse to develop and follow to the letter of the law what’s in the koran (although which letter I’m not sure, as Mohamed never wrote anything down!). A religion that does not mature will continue to be one of violence and oppression. Virtually all faiths have had parts in our pasts that aren’t pleasant, but we’ve learned and moved on. Islam does not.

Islam is seeking the downfall of God’s Earth. Look at what is happening to Christians in Egypt - bombing of Coptic Cathedrals, killing priests, fighting and beating non-muslims.

Tower Hamlets is a haven for hate speak and any protesting against Islam sees us as being the ones who are seen as provocative and getting arrested. It’s totally upside down!!

We, as Christians, need to stand up and speak against this vile practising of Islam - be vocal, let everyone around you know what is happening. And speak of God’s love as the true way.

I honestly fear for the world our children will grow up in, when they are oppressed, and downtrodden because they do not follow a false idol in Islam.

BTW I live in Coventry, in central England. Things are getting pretty bad in my City, and it’s one of the better ones in terms of Muslim population, ie, it’s only a small, but disproportionately vocal percentage.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.