UK: "Street Preacher Spends Night in Jail for Quoting Bible to Homosexual."

see pravoslavie.ru/english/100849.htm
When a young man asked him “what does your God say about homosexuality?” this preacher answered him by quoting the Bible, telling him the story of Adam and Eve. The man then chased him up the street and had the police arrest him, who took him to jail for abusive behavior, aggravated by prejudice. He was also accused of assault, based on what the man said.
Later a judge cleared him of any charges.
This story was first broken by the British newspaper, “The Telegraph,” in telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/02/05/preacher-locked-hate-crime-quoting-bible-gay-teenager/

Crazy, and it’s getting like this everywhere in the west (Although not totally everywhere, there are things I see which gives me hope), common sense just isn’t common anymore. I guess it’s largely the result of secularism and sin, as the quote goes ‘Those who don’t stand for something will fall for anything’. Just like Pontius Pilate “What is truth”

Marriage is a most basic thing, the union of a man and a woman which has always been just common sense due to the anatomy of a man and a woman, our reproductive system and the rearing of children born of that union, basic design, is thrown into question and in several cases changed to a nonsense so called utopian illusion of live and let live, which will only go so far until it comes crashing down.

Does thinking your part of the few sane people left make you crazy?

God Bless

Thank you for reading
Josh

Sounds like the street preacher wasn’t the only one with a bias & an agenda.

Well, I’m glad he wasn’t charged, but how long will it be before they start charging people for things like this?

I’m glad he wasn’t charged, too, but wonder if we underestimate the general chilling effect that these kind of actions have on people. Imagine–being jailed for giving someone the truth they asked for. It’s almost as good as making that belief illegal. isn’t it?

Clearly, his accuser exaggerated and lied to get the arrest. Isn’t there some sort of civil or criminal action that can be pursued?

Right. This happens. Glad to see it was cleared up quickly.

What do you mean?
That more and more preachers are being accused of hate crimes?

The west has forgotten and abandoned it’s Christian routs, a nation that isn’t united around some sort of shared morality, is a divided nation that will ensure it’s own destruction, exactly how Rome fell, because nobody really knew what it meant to be Roman anymore, what were they fighting and dying for? and as Islam and Sharia Law are introduced in large numbers, not only are there issues such as abortion, euthanasia and same sex marriage dividing our nations and it’s citizens, but then so will some of the things taught in Sharia Law, such as child marriages, the death penalty for apostasy, blasphemy laws, the covering of women etc.

A nation needs to unite around some sort of moral ethos that the majority all share (Which for the west has always been our Judeo Christan routs), eventually people will have to wake up to this or be destroyed, and at that time the real danger then (if Christianity were to be eroded enough), is if it unites around the wrong thing, such as communism or something like that.

That too, Archbishop Porteous from Hobart in Australia was brought before an anti discrimination commission for distributing a short benign pamphlet regarding the Churches teaching on marriage, it was only given to Catholic Schools and Churches to take and read if they wished.

Id encourage you to read it - sydneycatholic.org/pdf/dmm-booklet_web.pdf

Then we have this ‘Safe Schools’ program, telling kids that no one can tell them if they are a boy or girl etc. A radical gender theory program targeted toward kids under the guise of an anti bullying program.

I hope this has helped

God Bless

Thank you for reading
Josh

I can’t see why I was arrested in the first place—it was a massive overreaction and a waste of everyone’s time. The police didn’t listen to me. They took the young homosexual guy’s side straight away and read me my rights

This points to one of my concerns about the new politically correct religion based on claimed victimhood and widespread discrimination.

When the dogma of victimhood manifests itself in law under protected classes legislation the religion of political correctness seems to go with the new law and state officials view reality through the prism of discrimination of protected classes by non protected classes (white traditional Christians for example).

Practically the protected classes have more rights because it is less hassle for state officials, or those scared of state officials to simply act as if the non protected class is always wrong. If in having to choose between the two, automatically siding with the protected class removes one extra hassle in law. With most people acting this way it is a very short distance to accepting that protected classes are basically correct in any disagreements with non protected classes.

I would personally advocate for the protected class concept to be removed from the law.

To be fair, I’m not sure about that, as like I said, there are certain things I can see which gives me hope. I have hope.

God Bless

Josh

An important distinction to make with this story:
The man was arrested because the alleged victim said the man chased him and more–the main charges were “threatening or abusive behavior” and “assault” (with both being “aggravated by prejudice relating to sexual orientation.”)
He was not arrested simply because of preaching his religion.

This pretend “victimhood”-- could happen with anyone, anywhere, and has for many centuries. Some people will lie. True.
But just because some homosexuals might lie, doesn’t mean we should do away with laws that protect people.
These laws are not about being “politically correct”–they are indeed about protecting a group of people who have been harassed and hurt and murdered simply because of their sexual orientation.
Should we get rid of laws on sexual harassment or rape, just because there are a few alleged victims who lie about it?
No.

Traditional Christians are “protected” too, just as other religions, in our Freedom of Religion Act.
Perhaps all the laws are not perfect and must be honed and improved, but it’s good they are there and the motives are right.
We should not give up on them because of a few bad apples.

Thanks for your thoughts.

The answer led to an argument between the 42-year-old preacher and the 19-year-old young man who then chased the preacher down the street.

A few minutes later the police appeared to take Larmour to a police van, accusing him of threating or abusive behavior “aggravated by prejudice relating to sexual orientation.” However, he was acquitted after another of the young men testified that the preacher had not assaulted anyone nor used any degrading names.

The alleged victim chased the preacher.

But my question is, what about the actual aggressor in the case, the teenager? The article doesn’t say what happened to him, in fact it sounds like he got off scot free.*

Yes, Josh, I work in the California public school system and I can attest from first hand experience that elementary school children are definitely being taught to question their gender. This is done in sneaky ways, mostly through texts and children’s reading books. Even the word problems in the math lessons are subtly encouraging effeminacy in boys by portraying boys engaging in, for example, flower arranging. Might not seem alarming to some, but it’s an innovation and it’s just the tip of the iceberg. The full agenda hasn’t even hit the children’s textbooks in full force yet. It’s being filtered in over the next 2-3 years, by order of the state though already in Oakland, children as young as kindergarten are being forced to learn LGBT-whatever terminology in school assemblies.

Fortunately, studies have shown that most children have an innate psychological resistance to this kind of programming. Young boys, given pots and pans to play with, will turn them into trucks and planes. However, the proponents of gender bending, gender erasure, gender confusion, whatever you call it, aren’t going to give up easily.

Then God said: “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness. Let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, the birds of the air, and the cattle, and over all the wild animals and all the creatures that crawl on the ground.”
God created man in his image; in the divine image he created him; male and female he created them.
God blessed them, saying: “Be fertile and multiply; fill the earth and subdue it. Have dominion over the fish of the sea, the birds of the air, and all the living things that move on the earth.”

Genesis 1:26-28

This is part of the first reading for the Easter Vigil. Apparently it is offensive to LBGTQ, to Muslims, and even to extreme environmentalists for different reasons. Will there be police raids at our churches for this proclamation of hate speech? Maybe not this year, but I see us headed that way. For now it can be read in church, but not so much outside of church.

It is indeed offensive to speak of only two genders. Just because that’s all God made and anything additional is man-made and delusional, is no excuse!

Sad.

Those activists should look into the Sissy boy experiment. Perhaps learning from a mistake by others can help them avoid another terrible mistake.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.