UK -Tommy Robinson Driven Into Exile by Arson Attack; Suspects BLM

I hope he comes to America. I hope Ayann Hirsi Ali also comes. He’s been outspoken about the Muslims but this not incident had nothing to to with that community.

Tommy Robinson has been driven out of his British home and into forced exile by an arson attack which endangered his wife and children.

In a subsequent Parler statement, Robinson expressed his disappointment at the way the attack and its aftermath had been reported in the mainstream media, which implied that he had invited the arson assault because he had disparaged Black Lives Matter.

I thought the US doesn’t allow Visas to people with criminal histories?

I could be wrong but I’m 90% certain British citizens don’t need a visa to come to the US.

Depends on the charges I see mortagage fraud, nah and an assault which can be questioned. He could seek political asylum.

Asylum has two basic requirements. First, asylum applicants must establish that they fear persecution in their home country. Second, applicants must prove that they would be persecuted on account of at least one of five protected grounds: race, religion, nationality , political opinion, or particular social group.

She came to the USA years ago. She acquired citizenship back in 2013.

I think you might have written this based on that story from 14 years ago.

We can travel to the USA for a maximum of 90 days for business or tourism after applying for the ESTA, but the ESTA may be questionable since he has a fair amount criminal history. One conviction was from actually flying to the USA on fraudulent passports, which I guess he probably did because he knew his ESTA wouldn’t be approved.

Not sure they will look too kindly on that.

1 Like

She is in Holland currently and seeking to leave so then that is good. I wonder how many citizenships she has.

As far as I know, he has convictions for:
Assault of an off duty police offer
organising a football brawl
Using false passports,
Mortgage fraud
Contempt of court.

Doesn’t seem like the kind of immigrant I would like in my country.

Depends America can be very lenient in political asylum cases, I would imagine as they would look at each case and legitimacy.

Read the date on your article.

The previous thread you reported using a 14 year old news story was locked (it isn’t news). You were informed before. Why do you keep reporting a false “favt” based on outdated information?

OOPs. That is a very old article. I stand chastized. I am looking for what she is currently doing.

In April 2017 she cancelled a planned tour of Australia. This followed the Facebook release of a video by six Australian Muslim women who accused her of being a “star of the global Islamophobia industry” and of profiting from “an industry that exists to dehumanize Muslim women” but did not call for her to cancel her trip. Ali responded that the women in question were “carrying water” for the causes of radical Islamists and stated that “Islamophobia” is a manufactured word. She explained that the cancellation was due to security concerns and organisational problems

Tommy Robinson is the topic of this thread and is currently in Spain so let’s see if what he intends to do. It seems he does not intend to go back to the UK. He was firebombed.

She is currently running a USA based foundation, established in 2007, on protecting women from harmful religious traditions in the USA. Ali herself was a victim of such a tradition, having as a child gone through a process that I can only describe as having her genitalia scraped off. Her father was against the practice, but her grandmother had it done to her when her dad went out of town for a few days.

The only sources I can find so far simply say it was an ‘alleged’ arson attack and the Independent reported that Bedfordshire Police confirmed they have not had any report of an arson attack actually logged.

EDIT- - I have rechecked and it said there has been no report of arson against the home, but a car fire was reported.

Has there been further confirmation it was a ‘firebombing’?

She has been a free speech advocate and weighed in on Bari Weiss, Bennett and NYT and an “open society” recently.

What was Bennet resignation over. He allowed another opinion in the Times. He allowed Tom Cotton’s piece to be printed.

Cotton’s piece, published Wednesday with the title “Send In the Troops,” argued the Insurrection Act could be invoked to deploy the military across the country to assist local law enforcement with unrest sparked by the death of George Floyd.

After which people started to unsubscribe from the Times, which is also considered a form of speech. The resignation, I think, was a business decision.

I am taking the wording from the article

I find all this nastiness utterly inexcusable. Certainly, Tommy Robinson is a man who divides public opinion. But anyone who considers it funny or a form of poetic justice that his family home has been firebombed and that he has been forced into exile is sick in the head.

So likely not accurate.

That’s what I thought from looking at other news sources.

I am not sure it was financial as he resigned within days, too quick. Others may have subscribed but that takes time to determine.

In political asylum cases, I am sure it is he said, she said. I just hope he applies and we will see how that goes here. Ayaan Hirsi Ali got citizenship. Come on over, Tommy Robinson.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.