Ukrainian Catholic Priest Marriage video

Hey Ya’ll,

I was wondering, if there are figures or stats to backup the claim made in this video regarding lower abuse rates in the Ukrainian Church (or perhaps other Byzantine Catholic Churches) vs. the Roman Catholic Church. Or is this spin or just an unsubstantiated remark. I’m curious because of it’s true, it’s definitely interesting to consider. Thanks!

youtu.be/FgjC2BXB5p8

I would take that the low abuse rates are not purely from the ordination of married men, but also from how the priesthood is seen in Ukraine compared here to America. Priests are highly respected, loved, and its serious business to be a priest in Ukraine. I just had a lengthy discussion with my priest about this just this past Sunday. The culture revolving around the priesthood is different, thus the priests themselves would act differently and bear more responsibility in the position they are getting in.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.