Ukrainian commission wants to ban ‘gay’ SpongeBob and Teletubbie ‘losers’

The Ukraine’s National Expert Commission for Protecting Public Morality released the report, which attacks several U.S. and international programs as detrimental to the country.

Psychologist Irina Medvédeva is quoted in the study, alleging that children aged 3 to 5 years old, “pull faces and make jokes in front of adults they don’t know, laugh out loud and repeat nonsense phrases in a brazen manner,” after viewing the shows.

The Ukrainian paper Ukraínskaya Pravda reported on Thursday that some of the shows under fire include “Family Guy,” “Futurama,” “Pokemon,” “The Simpsons” and “Teletubbies,” which the report says are, “projects aimed at the destruction of the family, and the promotion of drugs and other vices.”

news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/ukrainian-commission-wants-ban-gay-spongebob-teletubbie-losers-204737552.html?_esi=1

Ok I can get the family guy and futurama how that can hurt the familys, but how does teletubbies :confused:

Those shows are stupid.

Banning them is even more stupid.

Is outrage!

Hey now! I’ll have you know Pokemon was one of the few things I ever cherished in my childhood. -.-

I second this, when I am like super bored and have nothing to do, I’ll play pokemon games still :blush: but those are rare moments :stuck_out_tongue:

I agree with the Ukrainians and I have Ukrainian relatives. They should stop all immoral programming.

Peace,
Ed

Why not let parents make the decisions as to what is appropriate for their kids rather than outsourcing parenting to the government?

Another idea…there’s a little known device on one’s TV set called an “off” button…or “channel selector”…perhaps they should use them?:shrug:

Here’s a better idea. Hold the media responsible for the garbage they produce.

Peace,
Ed

We can do that by not watching stuff we don’t want to watch and by not letting our kids watch it either. Legally banning it is rather childish.

:thumbsup:

What’s immoral about the teletubbies?

How about holding yourself responsible for wasting your time on it while on the subject eh?

Teletubbies is worse than immoral, it’s aesthetically unpleasing and badly made. :wink:

Spongebob is worse.

Yes, people. I just said that. :cool:

I have no problem whatsoever with this view, indeed it is a view held by all right thinking people and the fact they are right thinking can largely be determined by them holding such a view.

Pokemon? How does Pokemon affect kids? The Simpsons? How does that affect them?

While they’re at it, please ban “Adventure Time” and “The Amazing World of Gumball” for both are simply garbage!

:thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.