Ulster [Northern Ireland] on brink over Iris Robinson sex affair

Iris Robinson is a very flawed human being according to the media. She was corrupted by power and indulged in irregular financial dealings…plus throw in the sexual affair with a younger man and you have the essential ingredients for a media frenzy.
She attempted to take her own life because the whole business became too much for her and we now have a wrecked family at it’s lowest ebb.Her Christian beliefs in a sense came to her rescue and now that is all she has to cling to as well as a supportive family.
Where do we as Christians stand in this matter…are all of us not sinners to some extent?
What are our obligations in this tragic case? What does Jesus expect from us…Iris Robinson was only one of billions of sinners who caused his suffering on the Cross…I, too, am one of those billions…are you not one as well??
OH JESUS FORGIVE US OUR SINS, SAVE US FROM THE POWERS OF HELL, LEAD ALL SOULS TO HEAVEN ESPECIALLY THOSE WHO MOST NEED YOUR MERCY.

As a fellow Christian my temporal differences with Iris over politics are of course irrelevant and I feel much of the media has acted in the expected poor taste. Rushing to lap up the blood and kick the victim while they are down are descriptions that spring to mind.

For Yellowbelle - I’d forgotten about Arlene Foster, certainly she’s a cut above many of the political non-entities that float around the backbenches of the DUP. This whole affair is certainly a blow to the DUP though and one their political opponents will capitalise on, probably in ways I would not personally approve of to be frank but that’s the nature of politics. Certainly something like this under Ian Paisley would have been unimaginable.

I think they should lay off the Robinsons for a while. They’ve had enough.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.