Umbrellina

Hi,

My Priest has asked me if I would carry the umbrellina over the him and the Blessed Sacraments during the Corpus Christi procession on Sunday.

I am not sure what this entails, we are having the procession from the Church to the Padre Pio shrine gardens and then the Priest will say Benediction at the Altar in the shrine.

Do I go up to the Altar with the Priest as I am holding the umbrellina or do I stay to one side and then approach the Altar when we are ready to process back to the Church?

Any help would be appreciated

Thank you

[quote=Pious]Hi,

My Priest has asked me if I would carry the umbrellina over the him and the Blessed Sacraments during the Corpus Christi procession on Sunday.

I am not sure what this entails, we are having the procession from the Church to the Padre Pio shrine gardens and then the Priest will say Benediction at the Altar in the shrine.

Do I go up to the Altar with the Priest as I am holding the umbrellina or do I stay to one side and then approach the Altar when we are ready to process back to the Church?

Any help would be appreciated

Thank you
[/quote]

Ask him. I am sure he will be glad to tell you how to do it. He won’t think it odd that you ask. In fact he will be very glad to have the whole thing down pat for the occassion.

Speaking of the umbrellina… What is its symbolic significance? I’m sure my family will ask me about this tomorrow since they are attending Mass with me (thank the Lord!!!) and I want to be prepared. :hmmm:

My priest wants an umbrellina where would one purchase this item?
Thanks!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.