UN: Fight climate change with free condoms

LONDON – The battle against global warming could be helped if the world slowed population growth by making free condoms and family planning advice more widely available, the U.N. Population Fund said Wednesday.

The agency did not recommend countries set limits on how many children people should have, but said: “Women with access to reproductive health services … have lower fertility rates that contribute to slower growth in greenhouse gas emissions.”

“As the growth of population, economies and consumption outpaces the Earth’s capacity to adjust, climate change could become much more extreme and conceivably catastrophic,” the report said.

more…

“Fight climate change, use NFP” would be a better slogan if the UN was serious about the environment :wink: . NFP does not pollute the environment with contraceptive waste (used latex, packaging materials, plastic inserts, hormones in the waterways, etc.) and is also more reliable than condoms.

MadameButterfly

Hi ~~

believe it or not ~ i was reading time magazine and there was an article that talked about and showed green biodegradble condoms.  I'm not kidding~ but i just shake my head in disbelief at some of the stuff they're coming out with now.

Lou.

I support some of the original ideals of the U.N., but its moral relativism has made it beyond repair now. The UNFPA has supported Peru's population control program which included forced sterilizations, and they support China's, which includes forces abortions. They may say that they don't 'actively' support these specific practices, but the fact is they provide technology and resources that are used for them, acknowledge it, and they do nothing to stop it.

Heh, fighting something that doesn't exist(not entirely true, climate changes roughly 4 times a year) with something that gives a false sense of security, could encourage promiscouity, and and it's use is considered a mortal sin?

Sometimes the intelligence just simply astounds me.:banghead:

I know, me too, it's ridiculous

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.