Unapologetically Catholic

Anybody else do anything that inadvertantly flys in the face of other religions or branches of Christianity?

I kinda dedicated my life and services to St. Anthony. He helps me, he loves me, he prays for me, and I cannot thank him enough. I don’t know why he loves me so much and I don’t know why Jesus listen to him when he prays for me, but it’s a good trusting relationship.

Anybody else?

Yes, but do you have him on your dashboard or your desk at work–he,he…:wink:

Just wearin’ me ol’ medals an, me ol’ scapular, I don’t know…:slight_smile:

At work, I have holy card arranged on my desk in front of my monitor, a small silver crucifix on my desk. My wall calendar depicts catholic saints and the liturgical calendar. I have another wooden crucifix mounted on my wall next to a copy of the “Litany of Humility”. All of these are in plan sight and anyone who comes to my desk sees them. On my car, I have a bumper sticker for the local Catholic radio station and one that read
A-]B/-]DO-]R/-]PTION

These items have indirectly started some rather interesting conversations. In fact, one of my co-workers, and lady who emigrated from the Ukraine and who is an orthodox Jew, described my cube as a “holy place”. She meant it as a compliment, but I was a bit embarrassed at it. By the way, I have had some very interesting and fun discussions with this lady.

Which St. Anthony?

Of Egypt, Kiev, or Padua?

Padua! :smiley: The Franciscan! rpp, what is the Litany of Humility?

Besides wearing the Miraculous medal? :smiley:

I have been developing a devotion to the Blessed Sacrament. “Wafer worship” isn’t exactly kosher, either :stuck_out_tongue:

Here is the Litany of Humility.

ewtn.com/Devotionals/prayers/humility.htm

There’s a picture of St. Jude taped to my monitor in class (kids can’t see it). Also, I clandestinely fastened a small crucifix to my in-box, which again, no one can see but I. :thumbsup:

I wear a brown scapula, even during doctor visits or hospital stays and this has generated many questions. Also as a Benedictine Oblate since 1962 I wear a Benedictine cross which is age worn, and this also generates questions. Be proud of your religious articles and wear them with unassuming pride and joy. They bring with them a strong witness.
Prayers & blessings
Deacon Ed B

I don’t try to offend other believers, if that’s the question. But I am who I am, elected by God, and I am not ashamed of my Lord of of the Cross. I pray that Jesus will keep me to my words, too.

I have a glass Celtic cross in the window of my office. DW gave it to me. It includes mechanical parts which suggest the crown of thorns and nails.

I have five framed prints from the Book of Kells on the walls of my office. Two of the prints feature the Genealogy of Jesus and the Zachariah prophecy - the other three are Celtic knotwork - carpet pages. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve used them as instruments of evangelization.

I have an icon of Jesus the Good teacher in my office/cubicle and I have a small statuette of St. Thomas Aquinas next to my desk.

I have an icon of St. Michael on my desk and taped to the wall of my office, there are pictures of St. Thomas More, St. Philip Howard, St. John Fisher and Blessed Pier Giorgio Frassati (Edmund Campion and Margaret Clitherow are next - can’t you tell I love the English Martyrs?) I have chalked up above the door to my office C+M+B and the year. I wear a St. Benedict medal, and there’s a crucifix on my desk.

Since the cross I wear doesn’t have a corpus, I added a medal of St. Pio of Pietrelcina to show that I am unapologetically Catholic.

I rub the cross and medal with my fingers frequently and ask Padre Pio to help me through the day.

I have a statue of the Sacred Heart of Jesus on my desk along with one of St Monica, I am a mother. I also have magnet of Padre Pio on my filing cabnet and a picture of the prodigal son on my cork board. Anyone who comes into my office will undoubtly know that I am a Catholic. I do payroll so my office is always busy.

God Bless
Kathleen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.