Uncharitable Thoughts VS Rash Judgement

Whats the difference, Yes I have read the Catechism’s defenition of rash judgement but I don’t understand it

HI Taylor,

With uncharitable thoughts, a person is being unkind in their thinking, without putting a time limit on them, so to speak. Someone might have repeated, unkind thoughts about someone else, for example, due to not liking another person.

With rash judgment, a person is being really quick in their judging and thinking, without giving more thought to what the other person is doing.

This is the best way that I can describe it for you.

The CCC summarises what Christ commanded:
“Stop judging by appearances, but judge justly.” (Jn 7:24).
“Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but underneath are ravenous wolves. By their fruits you will know them” (Mt 7:15, 16).
“Every tree that does not bear good fruit will be cut down and thrown into the fire. So by their fruits you will know them.” (Mt 7:19-20).

And St Paul, following the Master:
“Test everything: retain what is good.” (1Thess 5:21).
“The spiritual person, however, can judge everything but is not subject to judgment by anyone.” (1 Cor 2:15).

That is precisely why we judge actions, speech, writing against true teaching as to what is good and what is evil, and we know what is good and what is evil only by following the teaching of His Church – not by our opinions, desires, prejudices, feelings, wants – selfism.

We are commanded not to judge the guilt of anyone before God.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.