Unemployed, struggling, suffering

Please pray for me. I have been unemployed for a year, and have no source of income. I do not have family that can assist me. Nor do I have a boyfriend or husband or a child. The past year has been so difficult for me that I have become very depressed. I am head on in an eviction proceeding. I try every day to hang on…I pray for discernment and peace. I pray for stronger faith, to believe he is watching over me and will let me be ok. The suffering is unbareable and the fear is insurmountable. Please pray for me, as i fear I have been falling away due to the prolonged stress, fear, sadness and uncertainty.

Also, if he could bless me with some people to help me through this difficult time in my life…some people with compassion, love and understanding, to simply be here for me, as I so much need. (and maybe a future husband too?!)

God bless you all for your prayers.

Praying hard for things to turn around for you soon!

Out of the depths I cry to You, Oh Lord; Lord, hear my voice!
Let Your ears be attentive to my cry for mercy.
If You, Oh Lord, mark iniquities, Lord, who can stand?
But with You there is forgiveness, therefore You are revered.

I trust in the Lord, my soul trusts in His word.
My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen wait for the dawn.

More than watchmen wait for the dawn, let Israel wait for the Lord.
For with the Lord is unfailing love and with Him is full redemption.
He will redeem Israel from all their iniquities.

Other refuge have I none;
Hangs my helpless soul on Thee:
Leave, ah! leave me not alone,
Still support and comfort me.
All my trust on Thee is stayed,
All my help from Thee I bring;
Cover my defenseless head
With the shadow of Thy wing! Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee
Blessed art thou amongst women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God pray for us sinners, now
and at the hour of our death. Amen

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Praying for you.

Jesus I ask Your for practical help and support for her.
Please direct her how to handle things, and guide her to those who will give practical friendship and support.

I’ll be praying for you, and I will ask the good sisters I know to also pray for you.

Dear Jesus,Please help Just lookingNY .
Give her strength to cope with all that she is going through.
Direct her path to those who can help her and always be there for her.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with Thee.
Blessed art Thou among women,
and Blessed is the Fruit
of Thy Womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen

Praying for you to find a job and receive the help you need.

Hail Mary,
Full of grace,
The Lord is with Thee.
and Blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now
Amen.

I’m unemployed too and feel your pain and fear. My position was eliminated last September. It’s been 10 months and I can’t find a new job either.

Jesus I ask Your for practical help and support for her.
Please direct her how to handle things, and guide her to those who will give practical friendship and support.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come,
Thy will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread;
Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now
and at the hour of our death. Amen

Praying for you my friend… Will remember you in my prayers to St Jude…Take Care and know we are praying for and with you…

I will be Praying for you God Bless.

I’ll be your friend.:slight_smile: You can send me private messages any time you want, especially when you are feeling very down. I’ll pray on a daily basis for you in my rosaries, Masses, and at my adorations. Maybe you’ll have to move into a shelter somewhere. God will help you at that point too, I promise. He doesn’t abandon anyone who doesn’t abandon him. And he works all things out for the good of those who love him and do his will. I’m sure you love him. Now just make sure you get to Mass and confession (daily Mass would be most beneficial to your soul) and try and keep the commandments. You’ll see, God will lead you to a life where he is your everything and all - and will be faithful to you.

Hail Mary, full of grace
The Lord is with thee
And blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus

Holy Mary, Mother of God
Pray for us sinners
Now and at the hour of our deaths

Amen

Praying that you will come out the other side with a stronger faith and increased trust in the Lord. You are surrounded already by people that care and are filled with compassion. Do not give into despair!

St. Joseph, please pray for the unemployed. Amen.

In my prayers my friend…

Your prayers for people to support you in this has been somewhat answered in CAF members (although I would imagine you also want people that are right there). Come here and vent, moan, rejoice or … We’re here as much as we can be for you. And you can be assured that my fervent prayers for you are also winging their way to Him.:crossrc:

I am praying for you and offering my support.
On a practical note, I am a counselor in workforce development for the homeless in a major city and I would advise you to seek out assistance from a workforce development agency in your area. You can get retrained with $$$ from the federal stimulus packge under the WIA (workforce investment act) in your area, and there is also plenty of HUD money to assist you in getting back on your feet. PM me if you have trouble locating services and I will see if I can help you. But remember this, you are not alone and your situation is not your fault. If you have to lose your housing, there are dedicated agencies to help you find affordable markets. Millions are in the same boat right now, so hang in there and trust that things will change.
Peace be with you.

Loving God,

We lift up in prayer the intentions of our friend justlookingny who has had a really tough time of things for the past couple of years. Please help her to feel your unconditional love, and strengthen her for the trials and challenges that confront her. Lord, you often place opportuntities and challenges in our lives to help with our formation, and you always provide a way out, but sometimes the anxiety and uncertainty can become overbearing for us. Please send your comforting and consoling Holy Spirit to be with our friend, and grant her strong faith, courage, and hope in You. We offer some words from Your Holy Scripture on behalf of our friend’s intentions:

Psalm 37: 23-24, 39-40:

Those whose steps are guided by the Lord,
whose way God approves,
May stumble, but they will never fall,
for the Lord holds their hand.

The salvation of the just is from the Lord,
their refuge in time of distress.
The Lord helps and rescues them,
rescues and saves them from the wicked,
because in God they take refuge.

Philippians 4:4-7

Rejoice in the Lord always. I shall say it again: rejoice!
Your kindness should be known to all. The Lord is near.
Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition,
with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God.
Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will
guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.

We pray in the name of your beloved son Jesus, the Good Shepherd of your people.

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners,
now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.