Unemployment and Job Interview Tomorrow

I have a job interview tomorrow! It's for a position at a daycare center as an assistant teacher and I have a lot of experience in this field already. The only problem is that my references are not so good, so please pray that I 'wow' the director in the interview so that my references won't be a big deal.

I've fortunately been able to pay off all my debt from credit cards and personal loans, so I am really happy and blessed about that! But I still need a job in order to pay my bills for car insurance and gas. So please, please, please, keep me in your prayers tomorrow for 10:45am! God bless!

Mother of Perpetual Help,
you have been blessed and favoured by God.
You became not only the Mother of the Redeemer,
but Mother of the redeemed as well.
We come to you today as your loving children.
Watch over us and take care of us.
As you held the Child Jesus in your loving arms,
so take us in your arms.
Be a mother ready at every moment to help us.
For God who is mighty has done great things for you,
and God's mercy is from age to age
on those who love God.
Intercede for us, dear Mother,
in obtaining pardon for our sins,
love for Jesus,
final perseverance,
and the grace always to call upon you,
Mother of Perpetual Help.
Amen.

Hail, Mary! Full of grace,
The Lord is with thee;
Blessed are thou among women,
And blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
Pray for us sinners,
Now, and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Our Father, who art in heaven,
hallowed be thy name;
thy kingdom come;
thy will be done
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread;
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

To top it off, my grandmother, who has been paying my bills has told me she will not pay any longer if I can’t find a job or volunteer position very soon. I hate being threatened like this. Please pray that I can keep a cool head about me. I’ve had some issues with her lately. I’ve remained grateful for her help, but she is acting a little unreasonable. Lord, please enlighten me with peace and love. Amen.

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thine intercession was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, we fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my mother; to thee do we come, before thee we stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not our petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer them.
Amen.

Praying for your intentions.

I will keep you in prayer.

P.S. Cut up all your credit cards. Best move I ever made!!! They can certainly be a near occasion of sin, at the very least!

Praying that you totally impress your interviewer with your personality and with Christ shining brightly in you and through you. Dear Mary Immaculate, Mother of God and of us all, I recommend DaughterofMary6 to you. Please, intercede that her references will not preclude her from getting this job she desires so much. Be with her on her interview and dispense to her the graces she needs to shine like a true daughter of yours. Thank you, Mary, and thank you, Lord, for hearing my prayer. Amen.

Thank you for that beautiful prayer.

God bless you all.

I imagine that in her mind, your grandmother is only being tough for your good, what they call "tough love’, intended to bring us to extra effort to take care of our own problems as adults. God bless her for the love that caused her to pay for your bills, which she didn’t have to do, and for the love that wishes to have you become self-sufficient, so that when her time comes she doesn’t have to worry that you won’t be able to manage as an independent adult. Be assured that her love is in her toughness also, so may God grant you peace and the grace to be understanding and thankful for whatever form her love expresses itself.

Lord, please help her to obtain this work, for her sake and for her grandmother’s peace of mind about her.
Lord, may Your will be done in her life, with happiness and peace. Keep her safe always.
Thank You, Lord

Glory be to The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit
As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be
World without end

Amen

[quote="Trishie, post:9, topic:182243"]
I imagine that in her mind, your grandmother is only being tough for your good, what they call "tough love', intended to bring us to extra effort to take care of our own problems as adults. God bless her for the love that caused her to pay for your bills, which she didn't have to do, and for the love that wishes to have you become self-sufficient, so that when her time comes she doesn't have to worry that you won't be able to manage as an independent adult. Be assured that her love is in her toughness also, so may God grant you peace and the grace to be understanding and thankful for whatever form her love expresses itself.

Lord, please help her to obtain this work, for her sake and for her grandmother's peace of mind about her.
Lord, may Your will be done in her life, with happiness and peace. Keep her safe always.
Thank You, Lord

[/quote]

Yes, my mom helped me to see the same thing. I am hoping that I am able to surprise my grandmother with good news of a new job and not having any more debts. If this job interview doesn't work out, I've made backup plans to volunteer at either the animal shelter, hospital or a nursing home. It feels like now is the right time for me to get a job or volunteer position, so I'm going to go for it with everything I got. Thank you all for your prayers. I'm off to pray my daily rosary. :D

Our Father, who art in Heaven,
hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come,
thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us,
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
Amen

Praying hard for your intention.

Praying that they offer you the position …

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Well, I didn’t get the job right off the bat, unfortunately. I was hoping to be hired on the spot, but anyway, they are checking my background and making a decision this afternoon. I was told I would hear by Monday whether or not I got the job. I do have a really good feeling about this. One of the interviewers (the owner) asked me if I had any kids and when I said “no” she said I would be a good mom. That was a very nice compliment. :smiley: This is a Christian daycare, too, so I didn’t have any fear about letting them know that I was a Christian as well. I’m really excited! Please keep me in your prayers that I will hear the good news! I’m praying! :thumbsup:

The Lord is with thee;
Pray for us sinners,
Amen. :signofcross:

I know how you feel as I am in a similar situation. I will pray for you;0)

[quote="penguinchicky, post:16, topic:182243"]
The Lord is with thee;
Pray for us sinners,
Amen. :signofcross:

I know how you feel as I am in a similar situation. I will pray for you;0)

[/quote]

Praying for you both!

Commit your way to the Lord, Trust also in Him, And He shall bring it to pass. (Ps 37:5-6)

Thank you all for your prayers and support so far. I really appreciate everything. :smiley:

Tomorrow is the day that I’m supposed to hear back from the daycare whether or not I got the job so please keep me in your prayers tomorrow. I’ve been praying the Rosary and practically begging God to give me this job because I want/need it so bad! It would be such a nice gift to receive from Him! :wink: If I get it, I would start on January 18th (Monday), right after I return from my trip to the convent.

Again, I thank you all, and may the Lord give you His peace! :slight_smile:

Praying for you and all of the unemployed.

Well, I still haven’t heard from them yet, but they are open until 6pm. If I don’t hear from them this afternoon, I will call them before they close. I sent them a “thank you” note by email last night (which was our first communication) to put my name in front of them again so they would hopefully not forget to call me.

Please pray that I get this job. God bless.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.