Unequally Yoked

Hi,
I originally posted a similar message in the NCR forum, but the thread was deleted because of my uncharity. For this I apologize :imsorry: to the CAF and its members. I was not thinking and was reacting out of my pain. Having said that....

I am in an unequally yoked marriage. Even though my wife divorced me :bighanky:, I am still married in the eyes of God, the Church, and my own. Before I make my primary request, I ask two things, if I may. 1 - Please pray :gopray: for me, my wife, the restoration of our marriage, and our two wonderful children. 2 - Anunlment is **not **part of my vocabulary.

When we married in 1993, my wife was borderline athiest/agnostic. Because of my actions my wife divorced :sad_bye: me after 16 years of marriage, last November. We still live in the same house and on this past Thanksgiving, my wife announced that she had been attending church services and Bible Study (The Kerygma Program) at a local Presbyterian Church :yyeess:. She wants the hope of seeing her loved ones again when she passes away :heaven:. However God can reach her. :thumbsup:

As for me, after my "actions" and living as a cafeteria Catholic for 25 years, God tugged on my heart and head :harp:, and brought me back home. I am now heavily involved in my local parish and my faith: Extraordinary Minister of Holy Communion; Lector; True Love Waits facilitator; future Knights of Columbus member; Renew Prayer Group; writing a book on one of the Gospels (through help of the Holy Spirit). I love my faith AND I love my wife.

So my questions are:
[LIST]
When God brings us back together, is it permissible to attend church services with her?
How about her attending Mass with me?
I am aware that I could not (and would not want) to receive Communion at her church, or her at mine.
What are the major/minor differences between Catholicism and Presbyterianism.
[/LIST]

Thanks and God Bless,
Genesius

[quote="genesiusj, post:1, topic:221675"]
Hi,
I originally posted a similar message in the NCR forum, but the thread was deleted because of my uncharity. For this I apologize :imsorry: to the CAF and its members. I was not thinking and was reacting out of my pain. Having said that....

I am in an unequally yoked marriage. Even though my wife divorced me :bighanky:, I am still married in the eyes of God, the Church, and my own. Before I make my primary request, I ask two things, if I may. 1 - Please pray :gopray: for me, my wife, the restoration of our marriage, and our two wonderful children. 2 - Anunlment is **not **part of my vocabulary.

When we married in 1993, my wife was borderline athiest/agnostic. Because of my actions my wife divorced :sad_bye: me after 16 years of marriage, last November. We still live in the same house and on this past Thanksgiving, my wife announced that she had been attending church services and Bible Study (The Kerygma Program) at a local Presbyterian Church :yyeess:. She wants the hope of seeing her loved ones again when she passes away :heaven:. However God can reach her. :thumbsup:

As for me, after my "actions" and living as a cafeteria Catholic for 25 years, God tugged on my heart and head :harp:, and brought me back home. I am now heavily involved in my local parish and my faith: Extraordinary Minister of Holy Communion; Lector; True Love Waits facilitator; future Knights of Columbus member; Renew Prayer Group; writing a book on one of the Gospels (through help of the Holy Spirit). I love my faith AND I love my wife.

So my questions are:
[LIST]
When God brings us back together, is it permissible to attend church services with her?
How about her attending Mass with me?
I am aware that I could not (and would not want) to receive Communion at her church, or her at mine.
What are the major/minor differences between Catholicism and Presbyterianism.
[/LIST]

Thanks and God Bless,
Genesius

[/quote]

Wow - that must be rough living in the same house with a woman that you are divorced from legally but still married to religiously. (Do I understand this correctly?) How does she view this situation?

You must still make your Sunday Mass Obligation. You must make your Holy Days Obligations. If you go to her services and they have communion you cannot receive just as she cannot receive at a Catholic Mass.She is welcome to pray with us -we are welcome to pray with them.

It will help your marriage to do this if that is what you are working towards.

Here is an old thread on the difference between the two faiths.

God bless you. Pax et Bonum.

Thank you Joan,
While I want us to reconcile, she says it is over and wants to move on. However, with our inablility to sell our home; and our financial situation; that has not happened - Praise God! I have always felt that she must return to Jesus before she would ever return to me, and now she is on the road to salvation.

We do things as a family (for the kids sake), but at the same time she relies on me for a lot, which I am grateful for. It will take a lot for her to forgive me and trust me again, but now that she is learning about Jesus, and I pray building a relationship with Him, anything is possible with God.

God Bless,
Genesius

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.