United Church of God (Protestant Denomination) Claims to be the Catholic Church.

check this crazy web site out:

gnmagazine.org/church/?S=2

This is a banner ad that shows up frequently in Google Mail and other Google Ads places.

It leads back here:

ucg.org/

Yes. Protestant Denomination #30,001, or #501, or somewhere in there, anyways. And they’re the One.

Great. Just so as we’re all clear. Sigh.

Warren
[a catholic convert, from protestant confusion into the light
of the One Catholic faith, received in 2002]

Are they the same as the Uniting Church, here in Australia?

Dear Bonafentura,

Wow, if they claim to be the real Catholic Church, where were they for these 2000 years.

I would like to underline two topics from the website you posted, about Thorah and Sabbath. The Thorah at that time had been added/altered by the pharisees for their own political purposes. The Thorah according to them, was far from the love of God originally meant to be. Paul in his letter to the Roman contradicted the thorah and the law of love from Christ, by no mean that Paul abandoned Thorah entirely. In his letter, Paul meant that the Thorah in the form that the Jews observed during that time was not absolute, as the soul of the Thorah was betrayed by additions and substractions by the pharisees at that time. The original value of the Thorah is still valid even until now. Jesus himself said that He would not erased the Thorah even an iota. What He meant definitely was the original Thorah.

We go to the Church on Sunday because God himself told us in the book of Revelation (Rev 1:9-10). The Day of the Lord used to be the day that the early Christian assembled together weekly (1 Cor 16:2, Acts 20:7). At that time, they could not possibly assembled together to discuss Jesus’ teaching in the sinagoges. So, they must did so outside the sinagoge. Definitely, they could not assembled together on Sabbath due to the ban to travel during Sabbath. So, this assembling date of the early Christian could not be the day of Sabbath. Secondly, Christ was risen definitely on Sunday. Remember that He died in a day prior to Sabbath, and risen on the third day. In the Jewish calendar the rising day of Christ has to be Sunday. So, since we are Christian (not Jewish as a religion), we assemble together discussing the teaching of Jesus on the Day of the Lord, which is Sunday. In this case, let the Jewish observe Sabbath, and let us observe the Day of the Lord. Jesus, as well as His deciples and even Paul observed Sabbath because they were Jews. They were still bound by their heritage by birth. Remember, Jesus is the Lord of Sabbath.

If one is seeking the Church that Jesus built, seek no further. Visit this website often, and you will find the answer. We are Catholics following Jesus based on the 7 sacraments, and acknowledging the apostolic teaching from Peter until his latest successor today, in an unbroken chain.

Wow the “true” Church found in 1995! That almost goes back to the golden era when “Blossom” was still on tv!:ouch:

Oh they are just one of the many One and Only True Church ™

It seems they are a mix between evangelicals, SDAs, and Messianic Jews.

I found this interesting in their “about” page:

ucg.org/about/

“Jesus commanded His followers to feed His sheep (John 21:15-17). To fulfill this command, the United Church of God has congregations around the world. In these congregations believers assemble to be instructed from the Scriptures and to fellowship.”

It seems to me He is commanding Peter here. I wonder who is instructing them in the Scriptures?

John 21:15 When they had finished breakfast, Jesus said to Simon Peter, “Simon, son of John, do you love me more than these?” He said to him, “Yes, Lord; you know that I love you.” He said to him, “Feed my lambs.” 16 A second time he said to him, “Simon, son of John, do you love me?” He said to him, “Yes, Lord; you know that I love you.” He said to him, “Tend my sheep.” 17 He said to him the third time, “Simon, son of John, do you love me?” Peter was grieved because he said to him the third time, “Do you love me?” And he said to him, “Lord, you know everything; you know that I love you.” Jesus said to him, "Feed my sheep.

Yes, Jesus returned from His leave of absence from that “be with you always” thing around then, (1967 if you ask the “Church of Christ” instrumental).

LOL. Unfortunately our copyright expired a LOONG time ago, so it gets treated like public domain.

Wow…have you all read some of the articles listed on the right side.

I’m not laughing…it’s kind of scary.

Yeeha!! Gotta another cicada group of first century Christians coming out of the ground after 2000 years!

Good snope on these guys.
Their history actually is a break off the Seventh Day Adventist in 1858, in which they became the Church of God 7th Day. Later in the early 1900’s a convert from the Quaker religion, Herbert W. Armstrong became one of the COG7’s preachers. Eventually, he started his Worldwide Church of God in 1933. He is also know by his popular end of time, prophetic television show “The World Tomorrow”, of which his son, Garner Ted Armstrong was the host. Apparently, the United Church of God proclaims Herbert W. Armstrong as their voice of belief. A group of these men formed what is now UCOG in 1995.

They basically claim they do everything the first Christians did the day after Christ resurrection. The fact that they don’t wear robes, sandals and read from scrolls should tell you something.

So nothing is new in the reforming of the reformed Churches of the reformation!!:stuck_out_tongue:

I was about to say that some of the things mentioned in these articles on the website sounded 7th day to me…

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.