United Methodist and Episcopalian Church Clergy Lead Prayer Rally to “Bless” Abortion Clinic

In Ohio, Reverend Laura Young says she believes pro-life protesters in front of Planned Parenthood and other abortion facilities have “misguided faith.” In fact, she thinks these clinics should be blessed, which is why she went out to an abortion facility called Preterm on October 8th in Cleveland. In 2014, Preterm was involved in the abortion-related death of Lakisha Wilson.

Young explained her acceptance of abortion like this: “Christianity, like most faiths, is founded on love. Watching protesters shouting judgment and hate based on what they call religion is horrible. Is that loving God? Is that loving your neighbor as yourself?”

Think Progress reports that the group hopes their “blessing” will protect Preterm from “preachy protesters, as well as encourage the strength and bravery of those providing and relying on its services.” Young plans to go out to other abortion facilities in the state if their event in Cleveland is successful.

lifenews.com/2015/10/12/united-methodist-and-episcopalian-church-clergy-lead-prayer-rally-to-bless-abortion-clinic/

Lord have mercy.

I am about to lose the dinner I just ate. They will be remembered in our prayers tonight!

If there is a spit take emote , let me know :smiley:

Is that loving God? Is that loving your neighbor as yourself?”

So, let me get this straight…trying to convince your neighbor not to kill is not showing God´s love, but keeping your mouth shut, and turning a blind eye to, your unborn neighbor being killed is showing God´s love? Do I have it right? Maybe I could be a Reverend, too! :thumbsup:

I wonder what church commandments that their churches follow. It sure can’t be the Ten Commandments given to us by God.

What about what’s in the best interest of the baby, like being born and living?

These clergy remind me of the following verse:

Isaiah 5:20-21

Woe to those who call evil good and good evil***, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter! Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes, and shrewd in their own sight!

How sickening. Certainly the work of Satan himself.

St. Michael the Archangel defend us in battle…

Mary.

Yes, a prime example of what this verse is saying. It never ceases to amaze me the depth with which man will succumb to the “evil one”.

Come LORD JESUS!!!

I am utterly at a loss to understand those people.

Yeah in the church of Moloch! That is the only church that could approve of murder very young human beings. :mad:

Most of my thoughts on this have already been stated by others, but I’ll add: out of those who stand/walk/pray in front of abortion facilities there are, sadly, some who “[shout] judgment and hate”; but I’m certain that things like the above will only add to that minority.

These and many other so called “Christians” have been decieved by the evil one and it is growing in regards to both the words ‘love’ and ‘judgement’. It is warped but sadly has slowly come into many ‘Christian’ groups. My husband went to a bible study at our former protestant church (Lutheran) and runs into this over and over…PRAY! (and if God gives you the opportunity share clearly the error in this thinking)

mlz

Thank You Sola Scriptura :rolleyes:

Young explained her acceptance of abortion like this: “Christianity, like most faiths, is founded on love.

It is. So how is abortion ‘Love’ in any way shape or form? :frowning:

“Every child who, rather than being born, is condemned unjustly to being aborted, bears the face of Jesus Christ, bears the face of the Lord, who even before he was born, and then just after birth, experienced the world’s rejection. And every elderly person…even if he is ill or at the end of his days, bears the face of Christ. They cannot be discarded, as the ‘culture of waste’ suggests!”

• Pope Francis

“Among the vulnerable for whom the church wishes to care with particular love and concern are unborn children, the most defenseless and innocent among us. Nowadays efforts are made to deny them their human dignity and to do with them whatever one pleases, taking their lives and passing laws preventing anyone from standing in the way of this. …Precisely because this involves the internal consistency of our message about the value of the human person, the church cannot be expected to change her position on this question… It is not ‘progressive’ to try to resolve problems by eliminating a human life…”

• Pope Francis

“All of us must care for life, cherish life, with tenderness, warmth…to give life is to open (our) heart, and to care for life is to (give oneself) in tenderness and warmth for others, to have concern in my heart for others. Caring for life from the beginning to the end. What a simple thing, what a beautiful thing…So, go forth and don’t be discouraged. Care for life. It’s worth it.”

• Pope Francis

Watching protesters shouting judgment and hate based on what they call religion is horrible. Is that loving God? Is that loving your neighbor as yourself?”

Yes, that is horrible for people to be shouting judgment and hate at people in front of an Abortion clinic and clearly not endorsed by the majority of those who oppose abortion.

She said, “It breaks my heart to know women are sitting in pews across the country feeling shamed, believing that they’re cursed for making this decision. That’s a question I get a lot on the phone, ‘Am I going to hell?’ When God instead is there to support women through it all.”

No, God is there with his arms outstretched toward them, offering forgiveness, love and mercy to their repentance. not justification, nor encouragement for our sins, that’s the work of the enemy.

It breaks my heart that there are women reaching out, repenting of an abortion, not being fed with God’s love and mercy but instead being fed with more lies from the enemy by justification and encouragement for their sins with this woman/group.

It’s seriously messed up that such a group could call themselves Christian and yet support the murder of the most innocent in a mother’s womb, especially under the guise of love or mercy, of which it is emphatically clear that abortion is neither.

“For the sake of His sorrowful passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world.” :frowning:

Thank you for reading
Josh

Well, if ThinkProgress is alright with it, then it must be blessed. After all, ThinkProgress can always be trusted to have the best interests of human life in mind. As for this whole idea of hate, that is nonsense. It seems that when progressives dissent from something traditionally held in Christianity, it has to do with love. But isn’t love also reproaching people when they are wrong? What the hell is the matter with people. And the funny thing is the online media that blesses this. This is the type of story Huffington Post drools over.

Just hadta go there…

Love is also flying the rainbow flag in front of a church I spose. The world is getting darker.

:frowning: Very sad.

God Bless

Thank you for reading
Josh

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.