University newspaper: God tells Mary, 'You're

WARNING : this article contains some censored profanity.

But if you want to find out how much secularist extremists hate your faith, then click on the link.

The student newspaper at the University of Virginia published a cartoon mocking Christians and Christianity after determining it met its own “criteria” at The Cavalier Daily, but later jerked it and has been backpedaling ever since.

The illustration – and another earlier cartoon – were the subject of an alert from the American Family Association, which urged readers to take advantage of a special website procedure it set up to send an e-mail to Virginia Gov. Tim Kaine, with a copy to Daniel LaVista, the executive director of the state Council of Higher Education for Virginia.

"Last week, the University of Virginia’s student paper, The Cavalier Daily, ran a cartoon depicting a naked man smoking a cigarette in bed. Standing beside the bed, a woman in her underwear buttons up her shirt and asks, ‘Come on God, be honest – Did you really get a vasectomy? I can’t let Joseph find out about this.’ The man replies, '…

Click here to read about the infuriating blasphemous attack on our faith!!!

worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=59240

:mad:

All Catholics should call for the expulsion of the bigots who made that immoral cartoon!!! :mad:

From the Catholic League (For the “shoot the messenger” types):

The Hypocrites are Back at UVA

This from the above article:

***Last year, the paper’s editorial board forced a cartoonist to resign after the campus chapter of the NAACP objected to a cartoon mocking Ethiopians. And in 2005, the paper was quick to apologize to homosexuals for remarking that the crane is the ‘gayest-looking of all birds.’ ***

Personally, I don’t understand why Christianity is all right to mock but other religions and beliefs aren’t. Why be sensitive to another’s race but not their religion? Perhaps they exist but I don’t see cartoons mocking Muslims, Buddhist or Wicca. I don’t want there to be such cartoons but it is frustrating that Christianity can be mocked but other religions seem off limits.

At the same time, the most appropriate course of action would be for parents-who pay the majority of their children’s tutuion- to get tough and refuse to send their kids to the school. this would be the best reaction.

Freedom of speech, which the newspaper has, does not mean freedom from reaction or consequences of what is said.

Because the Secular Relativists fear/hate Christianity the most, therefore it must be be degraded. :frowning:

Their hate is the reason they must be eliminated from the public forum. As for those who say I am being intolerant, sorry, but that is the way it must be. :mad:

The Cavalier Daily, which published the cartoons, has an apology link at the top of their homepage:

The Cavalier Daily sincerely regrets any offense readers may have taken to two recent comics in the strip TCB published March 13 and 14. The content of the Comics page reflects neither the views of the Managing Board nor of The Cavalier Daily as an institution. When the comics were considered for publication, they were deemed to have met The Cavalier Daily’s censorship criteria, which can be found at this address. It is never the intention of The Cavalier Daily to offend, and we regret having done so.

UPDATE (3/15/08): In light of recent and previous concerns, The Cavalier Daily will be reviewing its comics policy.

cavalierdaily.com/CVArticle.asp?ID=32839&pid=1703

Why not inform the local Mara Salvatrucha of their blasphemy?

The international street gang which is involved in (among other things) drug smuggling, human trafficking, and assassinations for hire? :confused:

They have a “devotion” to the BVM, albeit in a twisted way, look it up.

The Cavalier Daily, which published the cartoons, has an apology link at the top of their homepage:

No, they don’t. They have a link to a paragraph that says they ‘regret’ that we were offended, and then goes on to defend the cartoons. The update offers a vague review of policy.

Nowhere are the words “sorry”, “apology”, or anything mentioning what consequences this will have towards the cartoonists or editor-in-chief found.

Maybe we ought to kick this old school, you know, get an angry mob going, get something burning… looks around Or not? Ok, well I’ve always been the armchair rioter myself. :stuck_out_tongue:

Maybe they can get away with this because it doesn’t threaten international relations, we don’t mob the streets because we’re a ‘religion of peace’ (as they like to say about Islam, but let’s be serious, we truly are), we threaten their comfortable, immorality filled lives, who knows? :rolleyes:

Well, back in the “good old days” we would have just burned the cartoonist at the stake and made a family outing of it.

I’m hoping the Pope will issue another Moto Proprio bringing that one back ha ha ha.

:eek:
I really hope that is meant in jest, because that is probably one of the worst ideas I have ever seen on this forum.

Perigrinus is absolutely right. Roanoker

makes perfect sense to me…think about it:thumbsup: To me it reaffirms my choice of faith

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.