Unknown Lifeform in North Carolina Sewer

Anyone know what this is?

youtube.com/watch?v=TcKpx2DxGwY

The Zerg have made their appearence on Earth.

Some people in the comments are saying it’s just a bunch of weird little organisms called Bryozoan. :\

From the Geekologie blog…

According to Dr. Timothy Wood, freshwater bryozoa expert:

Thanks for the video - I had not see it before. No, these are not bryozoans! They are clumps of annelid worms, almost certainly tubificids (Naididae, probably genus Tubifex). Normally these occur in soil and sediment, especially at the bottom and edges of polluted streams. In the photo they have apparently entered a pipeline somehow, and in the absence of soil they are coiling around each other. The contractions you see are the result of a single worm contracting and then stimulating all the others to do the same almost simultaneously, so it looks like a single big muscle contracting. Interesting video.

video footage of sewer creature in raleigh, nc. :eek: warning: do not watch while eating. so far it appears to be true.

*RALEIGH – Deep below Raleigh streets, a prehistoric animal caught on camera is thrilling the nation with its wet, pulsating body: the Sewer Monster.

Footage of the beast in its new habitat beneath Cameron Village has appeared on Web sites across the nation, prompting such comments as, “The Sewer Monster is going to eat us all!”

Actually, the sewer monster is made up of thousands of tiny organisms called bryozoans, or moss animacules, said N.C. State University biologist Thomas Kwak. Invertebrates, they bunch together in colonies and feed with tiny tentacles.

“They can get as big as the size of a watermelon,” he said.*

article:

newsobserver.com/news/story/1591089.html

video

youtube.com/watch?v=TcKpx2DxGwY

Where’s the barfing emoticon when I need it???

oh, darn ,I thought someone on this site might finally be hitting the establishments…real genuine ‘sewer monster’ that guy with the bleached skin,a nose that keeps falling off and who has this cutsy penchant for sleeping with little boys…saint M.Jackson…guess I was wrong again…we must never dare doubt what our betters proclaim…even that Mary Grace phony who supposidly is concerned about kids being whatever said the other nite…'well on that child abuse bit ,he is dead now so its now between God and Michale" gee,I guess being abused is no big deal after all…the child just grows up normal and has no guilt feelings,no doubts,and no religion right Mz.Grace!!!

It’s a colony of tubifex worms clumped together.

Goes well with white wine.

Hehe, yeah really! YUCK! :bigyikes:

allow me:

planetsmilies.net/vomit-smiley-1538.gif

planetsmilies.net/vomit-smiley-9529.gif

planetsmilies.net/vomit-smiley-9530.gif

Okay…I think that is one of the grossest things I have ever seen. What, did E.T. leave his lungs behind?

jen fla,
All humor and barfing aside, it really is very interesting and I for one want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for sharing it with us.
I think I’m a better person for having seen it. Certainly my storehouse of “Things My Subconscious Keeps For Nightmare Value” has been substantially enlarged. I look forward to a doozy tonight. Maybe two.
Stephen King would be proud.

:smiley:

Well I for one am glad that that’s not an alien egg sac or some biological horror waiting to hatch into a rampaging kaiju.

It just wouldn’t be fair. Someone’s supposed to receive superpowers before that happens. :stuck_out_tongue: It always works that way y’know. -.-

try thinking of the president of the us and this simple minded female intern in the oral ,I mean oral office…on an easter morning…I realize as a demoncrat you would not be surprised or upset…but what the heck…this is how this once fine site is becoming…o yeh.,try to think about your hero MJ and in bed with little boys ,my thats not sewer slime stuff I guess…we cant contradict the ruling class now can we? …as to North Korea rattlin bamboo swords…sure its funny,tell that to the 53,000 americans killed in korea in a police action ordered by give em hell harry truman…another loser and slime ball…oops sorry…he worked in a clothing store once so that makes him a regular guy…I will never learn…sigh

that’s what an expert claimed, so probably.

Nope. Definitely E.T.'s breathing lungs.
:p:wink:

Glad to know that the experts think tubiflex worms go well with white wine.

oh hush ther
:stuck_out_tongue:

Everyone knows that
:stuck_out_tongue:

No, I think I’m going to have to agree that that looks more like a spawning Zerg mutation. :whacky:

We must act before this world too is lost to the Overmind!!! arms himself with Psi blade
Entaro Adun!! D8< charges

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.