Unmasked: the 'real Shakespeare'

EXTRAORDINARY historical evidence suggests Shakespeare’s plays were not written by the bard, but by a Tudor politician descended from King Edward III.

theage.com.au/news/arts/unmasked-the-real-shakespeare/2005/10/05/1128191785837.html

[quote=jdnation]EXTRAORDINARY historical evidence suggests Shakespeare’s plays were not written by the bard, but by a Tudor politician descended from King Edward III.

theage.com.au/news/arts/unmasked-the-real-shakespeare/2005/10/05/1128191785837.html
[/quote]

:hmmm: related to walstan is my guess :smiley:

[quote=jdnation]EXTRAORDINARY historical evidence suggests Shakespeare’s plays were not written by the bard, but by a Tudor politician descended from King Edward III.
[/quote]

No. I wrote them on my summer vacation. :cool:

[quote=aimee]:hmmm: related to walstan is my guess :smiley:
[/quote]

Dear dear aimee, thank for assuming my history goes back further than that of America, (come to think of it MOST history goes back further than America), and yes, Sir Henry Neville is a relation, he is a distant cousin, in the parlance of heredity he is a cousin nine times removed. But then so is Shakespeare; a cousin nine times removed that is. Aren’t relations wonderful?

p.s. Did you know WE are related, your my cousin nine times removed as well!!!

smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_1_112.gif

[quote=walstan]Dear dear aimee, thank for assuming my history goes back further than that of America, (come to think of it MOST history goes back further than America
[/quote]

It depends on how you define ‘America.’ Last I looked, scholars were writing about Americans who lived 10 000 years ago. But then that way of looking at Americans would not be Euro-centric, would it? http://bestsmileys.com/reading/4.gif

[quote=walstan]Dear dear aimee, thank for assuming my history goes back further than that of America, (come to think of it MOST history goes back further than America), and yes, Sir Henry Neville is a relation, he is a distant cousin, in the parlance of heredity he is a cousin nine times removed. But then so is Shakespeare; a cousin nine times removed that is. Aren’t relations wonderful?

p.s. Did you know WE are related, your my cousin nine times removed as well!!!

smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_1_112.gif
[/quote]

Oh mon…but vous n’êtes pas français :stuck_out_tongue:

(but you are not French)

[/quote]

It does suggest it, but that’s as far as it goes. Most of the evidence is circumstantial and it would help to make the case if they had evidence which was more than circumstantial. Evidence of a friendship or partnership would help. Early drafts of plays might be conclusive…

[quote=aimee]Oh mon…but vous n’êtes pas français :stuck_out_tongue: (but you are not French)
[/quote]

:bigyikes: Qu’est-ce qui est arrive la? Il faut qu’il l’apprenne, n’est-ce pas?

I would like to see this settled once and for all. i do find it hard to beliecve that William Shakespeare wrote the plays, but the burden of proof is very high to attribute them to someone else.

I had been in the devere camp, myself. I recall that sometime ago a computer analysis revealed that DeVere’s writing did not correlate to that of Shakespeare. It will be interesting to see what they say about Neville.

As mentioned in the article, Shakespeare’s writing of the plays has been called into question for hundreds of years. How could somebody with his background have such a wide range of knowledge? I think the jury is still out. In the meantime, I will put my faith in old Will.

[quote=bapcathluth]As mentioned in the article, Shakespeare’s writing of the plays has been called into question for hundreds of years. How could somebody with his background have such a wide range of knowledge? I think the jury is still out. In the meantime, I will put my faith in old Will.
[/quote]

Never heard about the guy with a very average school record, was told be a teacher he would never aspire to anything special, left school when he was only 15, worked as a menial clerk in a little known government office for his formative years?

His mother called him Albert. Her name? Einstein!!

Suprising how clever some people can be.

[quote=walstan]Never heard about the guy with a very average school record, was told be a teacher he would never aspire to anything special, left school when he was only 15, worked as a menial clerk in a little known government office for his formative years?

[/quote]

Good point! We just visited Stratford-Upon-Avon this summer, and I love Shakespeare. I would hate to think that he hadn’t written the plays.

[quote=walstan]Never heard about the guy with a very average school record, was told be a teacher he would never aspire to anything special, left school when he was only 15, worked as a menial clerk in a little known government office for his formative years?

[/quote]

:hmmm: and all this time ,I thought you were walstan…Einstein, :smiley:

The Mysterious William Shakespeare: the Myth and the Reality by Charlton Ogburn is the most interesting book on the topic. If you want to know what’s up:

You should have skipped Stratford on Avon and gone to Castle Headingham (DeVeer’s home) instead.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.