Unnecessary work on Sunday?

I want others opinions on a situation I am in. I am a new Catholic (Convert from Protestantism Baptized 3-30-13) So there is a lot I am still learning and I was hoping for others thoughts on this. I may get some “Ask your priest” questions but I am not going to chase down my priest after Sunday Mass tomorrow and act like this is a extremely big moral issue. I just want opinions

My pluming at my house seems to have a clog. It needs to be snaked. I think it is in the mainline. Now, I live with my grandmother and uncle. My Grandmother is 82. If I lived alone I would have no problem waiting until Monday to fix the problem but I am thinking about either calling a plumber tomorrow on Sunday or going to home depot and renting a snake and doing it myself. Now, I am no expert so if I do it myself, I don’t know how long it might take. If I hire a plumber it will most likely get done (costing more money too) but I am not sure if it is justified to hire a plumber to come out and work on Sunday.

Is fixing this plumbing problem justified to do or pay for work on Sunday? I just want opinions. We can probably flush the toilets and take quick showers (Maybe, I don’t know) but running the washer would probably cause water to come out of the toilets and tub drains because there is a clog and that water has nowhere to go. Like I said, if it was just me I would have no problem waiting but my 82 year old Grandma is here. Opinions? Taking care of this problem tomorrow… Yay or nay?

The Church does not teach that you may not work on Sundays, be it necessary work or not.
Fixing the plumbing at home on Sunday is not a sin.

CCC 2185 On Sundays and other holy days of obligation, the faithful are to refrain from engaging in work or activities that hinder the worship owed to God, the joy proper to the Lord’s Day, the performance of the works of mercy, and the appropriate relaxation of mind and body. Family needs or important social service can legitimately excuse from the obligation of Sunday rest. The faithful should see to it that legitimate excuses do not lead to habits prejudicial to religion, family life, and health.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.