Unusal Way For Jesus To Speak?

I wasn’t sure which thread to post this to. My apologies if I put this in the wrong thread, and, if it possible, may the mods put this is the right thread if this is the wrong one. Thank you.

Okay, I’ve been reading Divine Mercy In My Soul today, and I came upon this quote that dosen’t make sense to me. That is, why would Jesus speak of Himself in this way? Or is the Father speaking through Jesus? I can’t figure it out. Here is the quote (in bold with the troubling part underlined) in it’s full context:

88 + During adoration I felt God close to me. A moment later I saw Jesus and Mary. At the sight of them I was filled with joy, and I asked the Lord, “What is Your will, Jesus, concerning the matter about which my confessor told me to ask You?” Jesus replied, It is My will that he should remain here and that he should not take the initiative of dispensing himself. I asked Jesus whether the inscription could be: “Christ King of Mercy.” He answered, I am King of Mercy, but He did not say “Christ.” **I desire that this image be displayed in public on the first Sunday after Easter. That Sunday is the Feast of Mercy. Through the Word Incarnate I make known the bottomless depth of My mercy. **

Source: saint-faustina.com/Diary/DMIMS2.shtml

it sounds to me as if the triune Godhead is making this remark- as if an official pronouncement, or the royal “we” (of course there is much more to that is trinitarian theology. just my guess, but i don’t see it as irregular. it is the Divine God speaking of the Incarnate Word

I desire that this image be displayed in public on the first Sunday after Easter. That Sunday is the Feast of Mercy. Through the Word Incarnate I make known the bottomless depth of My mercy.

I believe it is Jesus who is speaking with St. Faustina, for she said it was He, and the word “My” mercy seems to confirm it. The sense I get is that all of the New Testament scriptures depict the Incarnate Word’s “bottomless” deeds of mercy, for that is the reason He was sent, to show us the Merciful Father.

closed #4

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.