Unusual prayer request

this may sound dumb to ya’ll but…we had to give back a kitten we’d adopted from a no kill agency because I was allergic. Please pray that Otis or Kenny as they call him gets adopted to a good home, he is the SWEETEST animal we ever had and I miss him but my lungs are so much better without him in the house. Is this a dumb thing to ask prayer for?

No prayer is dumb; a cat is God’s creature too. Just don’t be overly concerned about it, and trust God.

Glad your lungs are better now!

No, and bless you for giving Otis (I have an Otis the Cat too :)) back to the shelter, rather than dumping him somewhere - obviously, you care about the little mite. :hug3:

We have TEN cats, and all of them had been abandoned by their families at some point. So believe me, people like me - and whoever runs that agency, I’m sure - bless people like you that behave responsibly when they can’t keep a cat (or dog, or whatever).

Heavenly Father, please find Otis the Kitten a loving, kind home soon, and give him a long, happy, healthy life. Bless dear Phoebe for loving the little fellow, and please give her happiness, good health, and a non-allergenic animal friend to return her love. :signofcross: Amen!

I like cats too. God is the source of all love, may we see Him in all His creatures. I am praying for you and the cat. May we see God in our daily events and activities.

Father, take care of this little creature which you created. We trust that your will be done with little Otis. We pray for him to have a good loving home.
AMEN

Of course it isn’t dumb…God loves all of His creatures.

Hail Mary, full of Grace, the Lord is with you. Blessed are you among all women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb, Jesus.

Holy Mary, mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

J†M†J
Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Please say the following prayer right now to release 1,000 souls from purgatory (Approval and Recommendation signed by M. Cardinal Pahiarca, Lisbon, Portugal March 4, 1936.): Eternal Father, I offer Thee the Most Precious Blood of Thy Divine Son, Jesus, in union with the Masses said throughout the world today, for all the holy Souls in Purgatory. Amen

Click these icons/links to donate food to the hungry. It’s free.
thehungersite.com/clickToGive/images/button_clickToGive_ths.gif
hungerfighters.com/images/HF_Half2.gif
greatergood.com/images/linktous/468x60_ths-visitor-anim-fight.gif
Click this link: children.care2.com/front.html?p=&iID=

Phoebe, this is not dumb at ALL! I recently tried to foster a dog from the local rescue society and it tore me up to have to take him back because my own dog couldn’t get along with him. My prayers are with you and the little kitty.

That’s not a “dumb thing” to ask prayer for at all. In fact, when I read your post, a tear came to my eye as I was thinking of how I would feel if I had to give my dear kitties up, especially my kitten, who has absolutely stolen my heart. :console:

St. Francis, please pray for Otis/Kenny, that someone will give him a good home, and that his new family will love him and care for him as Phoebe might have if she could have kept him. We thank God for giving us our pets. May our love for them remind us of God’s love for all of His creation. Amen.

Not sounding dumb at all! Will be prayingto St. Francis of Assisi that Otis (or Kenny) gets adopted to a good home.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.