Upcoming movies

So whaich upcoming movies are people interested in? Any movies from now to the christmas season.
One that I’ve really looking forward to is Atonement. It’s based on a book of the same name by Ian McEwan, which I’m reading right now. I’ve heard nothing but positive things about the movie from early screenings. Many critics are saying that it’s most likely the major Oscar contender this coming year. It has Keira Knightly and James MacAvoy in it (two of my current favorite actors). The book is really amazing. It a sad but beautiful story (from what I’ve read so far).
Another movie that I cannot wait to see is Sweeney Todd.

I’m a horror movie buff, so I’m really looking forward to “Diary of the Dead” from George A. Romero. This one I can’t miss in theaters, since Romero is getting up there in age and it might be my last chance to see one of his films on the big screen. Also looking forward to a remake of another Romero film “Day of the Dead”. It’s done by the same people that did the “Dawn of the Dead” remake, which has to be one of the best horror remakes I’ve ever seen.

I’ve gotten to where I don’t get excited about a movie being made out of a book I love. I highly anticipated “Memoirs of a Geisha”, one of my favorite novels, and the movie turned out to be lukewarm at best. They didn’t even use authentic geisha makeup and hair styles! It’s visually beautiful, but if you read the book before seeing the movie you’ll find it lacking in context.

Can’t wait to see *I Am Legend *this December. I’m a big fan of the original book, so I’m curious how the movie treatment will be.

so so so so so waiting on “Alien vs. predator 2” i cant fraggin wait the preivew looks so much beter thatn te first crossover did

I do have my hopes up for Atonemnet because the author has really praised the movie, saying it’s very faithful to the book.
I actually liked Memoirs of a Geisha, but I think it’s because I saw the movie before reading the book.
The most disapointed I’ve been with a book to movie adaptation was the third Harry Potter. I consider the third to be the best book in the series, but I thought the director butchered it.

I only go to movies with my nephews and previews of these movies looked pretty good:

The Water Horse: Legend of the Deep (about a boy, his family and an egg…beginnings of Loch Ness?)

Alvin and the Chipmunks (nostalgia)

Enchanted (Disney’s a fairy tale princess in the real world)

I also liked the adventure look of The Dark is Rising about the fight between the forces of good and bad…the boys liked the kid in the movie. (Have any of you read the book? Is this a “Harry Potter” type movie where some Christians will or won’t like it based on certain elements that are or are not present?

I’m crossing my fingers on that one. The previews look like a lot of fun. I’m just hoping they keep it wholesome and clean.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.