Update - My Great Aunt has died from cancer

My Great Aunt (Enid) passed away August 13th. She had her immediate family members around her and she received her last rites. Thank you all for your prayers. (forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=258522)

I now humbly ask for you to pray for her soul and for her husband (Benny). They were married for about 65 years. Please also pray for those who will be traveling to attend her funeral.

Thank you Lord for granting our prayers and giving Enid time to see her family and to seek forgiveness for her sins. We thank you for granting her love ones safe passage. Thank You for your unending love. We ask you now to welcome Enid into your Kingdom and to comfort Benny in this mournful time. Grant Enid’s relatives and friends safe passage to and from her funeral. Help those whose struggle over the expenses of traveling and lodging so that they may be able to attend the funeral.

We humbly ask all of this of You, our loving and merciful Father. In Jesus’ name we pray. Our Father…

Amen.

Eternal Rest give unto her O Lord
And let perpetual light shine on her.
May she rest in peace
Amen.

Prayers for you and the family as well.

I am praying for your family and the soul of your aunt!!

Thank You for Your mercy Father in allowing Enid to go to you in grace and surrounded by love. I join with this loving prayer and ask Your comfort, protection and many blessings on each member of this family. In Jesus’ name.

My thoughts and prayers go to you and your family,

Trishie

+JMJTJ+

I am sorry for your loss.
Your intentions will be in my prayers.***
May she rest in peace and her loved ones be consoled in their grief.

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, so that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen

As a cancer survivor and having a sister who also “went home” I know the pain and often the bigger struggle of being the loved one of a cancer patient. Know that both are in my prayers!

Hail Mary
Full of Grace, the Lord is with thy
Blessed are you amongst women
And blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus
Holy Mary, Mother of God
Pray for our sinners
Now and at the hour of our death
Amen

Praying and RIP.

Thank you all for your prayers, thoughts, and love. It is wonderful to know that there are so many caring people “out there” who will make time to pray for strangers; so many people that share the same level of faith. Seeing so many lay Catholics that are comfortable praying, and praying often, has reaffirmed my conviction to pray often as well, regardless of what our society thinks. CAF (especially the prayer intentions section) feels like a very large family more and more each day.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Eternal rest grant unto her O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon her. May her soul and the souls of all the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen

Eternal Father, I offer you the body and blood, soul and divinity of your dearly beloved Son, Our Lord Jesus Christ, in atonement for her sins and those of the whole world. for the sake of his sorrowful passion, have mercy on her and on the whole world.

Also prying for her husband and all the family.

closed #11

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.