UPDATE: My ill grandmother

Unfortunately, this update isn’t of the good variety.

Lately, she’s been in a decline. I don’t recall if in my earlier thread I mentioned that she hasn’t been eating hardly anything lately, but for the past few weeks her food has been about enough to keep her from falling over dead, but that’s about it. We believe, but as far as I know are not sure, that that is why she has been getting confused and emotional lately. Also, she has been very weak, again due to her lack of food. She also hasn’t been taking her pills like she should, which could cause her to stroke out(she takes umpteen high blood pressure prescriptions)

It came to a head yesterday morning. She was actually doing remarkably well - she was of clear mind and was able to get up and dress herself at the assisted living facility she lives in. She was doing her hair when she up and fell over, hitting her head. At that time, she was coherent, she pressed the button on her necklace to call for help and was able to tell them what happened. Soon after, though, she slipped into incoherence, and from then to at least last night she has been unable to recognize family members, be it that she calls them by the wrong name, doesn’t know what their name is but knows who they are, or has no idea who they are. She also is getting what she means to say and what she says mixed up - she keeps asking for her dessert. We don’t know what that means. Due to her lack of food, her sodium and potassium levels were dangerously low, which we believe, again, is why her mental state is so delicate.

She’s still in the hospital, and all signs are pointing to that she will be in the nursing home when she gets out.

Please pray for her health, and that she will be able to get better. At this point, we aren’t hopeful that she will make it back to the assisted living section, but anything’s possible.

+JMJTJ+

Your Grandmother and her loved ones will be in my prayers.

It is very difficult to bear this cross with loved ones; we must entrust their lives to God’s mercy and Divine Providence.

I often remind myself that life is the JOURNEY, and Heaven is HOME.

May Christ bless her with renewed health, and you and your loved ones with hope and peace in this trial.

*Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, so that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen

Praying for your grandmother and your family during this difficult time. :crossrc:

Hail Mary full of grace
the Lord is with thee
Blessed art thou among women
and Blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus
Holy Mary mother of God
Pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death
Amen

Praying!

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Hail Mary full of grace
the Lord is with thee
Blessed art thou among women
and Blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus
Holy Mary mother of God
Pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death
Amen

I am praying for your grandmother.

Merciful and loving Father, You alone have sustained this beloved grandmother throughout her life, carrying her on the wings of love. Graciously smile upon her now, as she needs you more than ever. Grant that her medical care is provided by those who reflect your Divine love to the world. May she be surrounded by loving family members who will be a comfort to her in her time of distress. Mercifully order the events of her life so that she may receive a higher level of care, which will protect and preserve her dignity and value to those who love her. We beseech you to join our prayers with those of the Angels and Saints to form an unending petition for mercy upon her, and healing within her. Grant this, O Provider of all life, in the name of Christ Jesus, Your Son, Who lives and reigns with You and the Holy Spirit, One God for ever and ever. Amen! Alleluia!

Dear Jesus please help this loved grandmother. Be with her and do whatever you can for her and her anxious family. Thank You, Jesus

Prayers going up for her and for your entire family.

Praying for your ill grandmother. May God watch over her.
grandma glor

Praying.

praying!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.