Update on forced conversion

No, I am still not planning to post much. However, since the last time I posted we had an Islamic terrorist attempt to down 10 airliners in the Atlantic and 2 Fox reporters were forced to convert to Islam at gunpoint. The religion of peace (rop) and “no compulsion in religion”,yeah right. Where were all the Muslims protesting in the streets at this “hijacking” of their religion? If these 2 men leave Islam will they be executed for apostasy?

Btw, shame on the National Cathedral for hosting the former President of Iran. The blood of Christians stains his hands and they welcome him. What a way to fight a war on terrorism.

Pray for our brethren being persecuted.

They were not protesting in the streets because they were too sad that the hijackings/murders failed?:frowning:

Every Muslem I’ve met says the US is getting what it deserves!

Where are all the Muslem Protests against terror? Not even CNN can find them and you know how CNN can give bias news like Al Jazzera. Perhaps CNN is an affiliate of Al Jazzera?:confused:

Cestusdei…first off…great to hear from you…We all miss you…God Bless…secondly, your story is very troubling…people need to come to an awareness of how bad this situation really is. Let us all pray for an end to the violence. Sonny

For so long I wanted to believe otherwise, but it seems to be pretty obvious that all Muslims are inherently two-faced opportunists who exist only to serve the greater interest of their cult. Of course it’s so politically incorrect to say such a thing nowadays in the US, but who cares… if America doesn’t wake up pretty soon we will only find out the uncensored truth about these people once it’s already too late.

Robert Spencer’s wwebsite, Jihad Watch, is excellent for an unbiased veiw of these things. I spent a lot of time there during “The Great Crash”. (Just don’t read the comments)

First The courts have not yet ruled on this case so you have no claim to make an accusation against a person who was not yet conviced. Many people end up bieng released for lack of evidence.

2nd Islam does not force any one to convert no matter how some idiots claim to be acting in its name. Its even silly to think that this is a way of making someone believe in a faith. OFCOURSE no body believes this way . Muslims arent less intelligent than any body else to be aware of this fact. Now if we have some idiots who do that doesnt mean Islam teaches it. I hope you are able to grasp that .

3rd people dont have to do what you say to show or prove what you want them to prove. It isnt of muslims best interest of civilians to die . London Bombings had muslims die in them as well as 9 /11 . And there is no sane interest of these things to happen. Obviously there are people who have issues and want to retaliate for injustice they feel is upon them . Obviously also their methods are wrong. But Islam is innocent of killing civilians in the west as Christianity is innocent of the tens of thousands of civilians that died in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Thanks

Egypt
gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/2005/07/egypt-protests-as-arab-world-watches.html

jordan

albawaba.com/en/countries/Jordan/191524

Qatar

muhajabah.com/islamicblog/archives/veiled4allah/010481.php

That’s not a nice generalisation to make about anyone, even if the religion is false and some of its members fanatics.

Meedo, thank you for those news stories. Its the sort of thing which doesn’t get covered by the mainstream media - at least here in the U.S.

That’s a red herring if I ever saw one, meedo. You really don’t get it, do you? Regardless of the “evidence” in any particular case, Islam still teaches that people must be put to death for apostasy. THIS is the problem!

I think this is more a case of forcing someone NOT to convert.

I noticed in those articles that the Muslims were basically protesting terrorist attacks that primarily effected other Muslims. If it happens in their country, even though some Westerners may be hurt, then and only then do they get concerned about the Muslims of course. Apparently a few, very few, will protest when Christians get killed. But if a false story about a quran being abused or some cartoons they don’t like gets out THEN you get hundreds of thousands in an uproar. There are maybe 2 million Muslims in the US. Where are they when these things happen. If they consistantly were on the street protesting attacks against the US and its allies then I might believe meedo. But I don’t see it. In fact they seem very smug. It is wrong to criticize fellow Muslims to the kaffirs. It’s 911 today. It will be interesting to see the local Muslim response. Last friday I went to the mosque to hear if they would say anything. The sermon was about how to properly clean yourself after using the restroom, inspiring. Outside another imam was raving about how 911 was caused by the Jews, despite recent video of Osama and the planners. Not one Muslim, not one, protested this or said he was wrong.

Actually,. just this morning on NPR I heard of clip of Shaykh Hamza Yusuf, speaking at an annual convention organized by the Islamic Society of North America. He called for all listening to drive hatred hatred out of the mosques, to make it unwelcome.
npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=6041929

So perhaps change is coming.

This is the same guy who protested the conviction of Sheikh Rahmen as “unjust”. You remember Rahmen, the Egyptian cleric who worked to blow up the Lincoln and Holland tunnels in NYC? He did the same with a convicted cop killer who converted to Islam. He said this country would “suffer” for it. In fact the FBI investigated him for this and for giving money to BIF whose director funneled it to bin Laden.

I remember the Islamic cleric at the first 911 service who prayed so nicely. But back home in Arabic said we kaffir deserved it. Fool me once…

Daniel Pipes challenged Hamza to answer some questions that would lead to repudiating violence and full equality and rights for Christians in Islamic nations. Hamza said he failed the test and was glad of it. www.danielpipes.org/article/1322

Hamza’s more moderate statements are dismissed by other Muslims as leftovers from his Christian upbringing. Yep, those Christians spoil everything with that love stuff.

I am not familar with his statements back then, but if he had defended Rahman clearly it was a mistake. But its hardly the first time that a leader of an minority group has defended someone before they had all the facts.

Daniel Pipes challenged Hamza to answer some questions that would lead to repudiating violence and full equality and rights for Christians in Islamic nations. Hamza said he failed the test and was glad of it.

But those same questions would have some Christians failing, too, if we were talking about Christianity. For example, Do you accept the legitimacy of scholarly inquiry into the origins of Christianity? Do you see Christians who disagree with you as having fallen into unbelief? Should the state impose religious observance, such as saying a prayer during school?

And others are just plain unreasonable. For instance, “Do you agree that institutions accused of funding terrorism should be shut down?” He is not asking if an institution was convicted of funding terrorism, but rather the merest accusation should be enough to shut them down.

I don’t find Daniel Pipe’s test to be very balanced, and can understand why Hamza Yusuf would be glad to fail it.

But all this is neither here nor there. I’m not saying that you have to like Hamza Yusuf, but I just wanted to point out that at least one Muslim leader in the U.S. is calling for peace and for turning away the haters.

But those same questions would have some Christians failing, too, if we were talking about Christianity. For example, Do you accept the legitimacy of scholarly inquiry into the origins of Christianity? Do you see Christians who disagree with you as having fallen into unbelief? Should the state impose religious observance, such as saying a prayer during school?

And others are just plain unreasonable. For instance, “Do you agree that institutions accused of funding terrorism should be shut down?” He is not asking if an institution was convicted of funding terrorism, but rather the merest accusation should be enough to shut them down.

I don’t find Daniel Pipe’s test to be very balanced, and can understand why Hamza Yusuf would be glad to fail it.

But all this is neither here nor there. I’m not saying that you have to like Hamza Yusuf, but I just wanted to point out that at least one Muslim leader in the U.S. is calling for peace and for turning away the haters.

###I have no problem with scholarship into our history, Protestants I may disagree with but they are fellow Christians, prayer in school doesn’t frighten me. I don’t think it is unreasonable during time of war to crack down on the enemies cash flow. I would pass his test rather easily.

Let’s say that Hamza is a great guy. So you have ONE guy on 911 saying it was a bad thing. Hooray. ONE guy. If Muslims were really honestly incensed at this “hijacking” of their religion there would have been hundreds of thousands on the streets crying for Osama’s head on a pole. I didn’t see that. Overseas the arab press continued its usual “it’s the US’s own fault ie. they support those evil Jews”. They didn’t cover the fact that the prisoners at Abu Gharib begged for US troops to stay as they didn’t trust their fellow Muslims who were the new guards. How ironic. Just wait till the next cartoon comes out THEN you will see a million of them on the streets shouting. We’ll discuss this again then.

Former Iranian President Khatami is actually moderate and a reformist; too bad though that his position is often overruled by the actual leader of Iran, the Ayatollah. More on Khatami:

Khatami is regarded as Iran’s first reformist president, since the focus of his campaign was on the rule of law, democracy and the inclusion of all Iranians in the political decision-making process. However, his policies of reform led to repeated clashes with the hardline and conservative Islamists in the Iranian government, who control powerful governmental organizations like the Guardian Council, whose members are appointed by the Supreme Leader. Khatami lost most of those clashes, and by the end of his presidency many of his followers had grown disillusioned with him.

–source: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohammad_Khatami

It’s too bad that he is often overruled. I personally think that he could’ve done a lot had he been given a free hand, and that Iran would have had better ties with the U.S. But such as it is in Iran, he doesn’t have the last say. The blood is not directly in his hands, but to those who rule over him.

cestusdei and dumspirospero,
Good to hear from you guys again. Hope all is well with both of you. I used to think that the Radical Islamist were only about 10% of Islam, I now believe it is more like 30% to 40% with another 30% to 40% supporting them but not taking an active role. Lets all pray for peace and the conversion of the Radical Islamist who wish to harm us.

Mill, he was the one that really got their nuke plans going. He has made anti-semitic statements. His administration persecuted Jews and Christians. There is now a lawsuit pending against him for “disappearing” Jews in Iran. He supported and assisted terrorist groups that have killed Americans. He has had women stoned to death for adultery. Maybe I am getting old, but in my youth these would have been considered human rights violations and the man behind them would not have been considered a “moderate”.

Lance, thanks but don’t get used to it. I unbent to do a few posts, but I won’t be back full time until the big one hits. If the dems win the next election it will only be a matter of time.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.