Update on prayers for my family

For all you prayed for my family re: the custody dispute over my stepdaughter, I wanted to say thank you, and to let you know that all things resolved to the glory of God. Her mother gave up, basically, and signed over primary custody of my stepdaughter to my husband. Now we have her most of the year, with the exception of some vacation time and part of the summer. Mother had said something about having “prayed.” My husband said, “why don’t you just move back to this area, we can have shared custody again.” She is not interested in doing so. I kind of feel sorry for her, please continue to pray for her. She is very mentally ill, very sick in her mind. My husband and I never wanted all this ugliness…we wanted to continue to raise the girl in community with her mother.
I know this is not over, maybe it never will be, unless bio-mom gets substantial psychiatric help or a miraculous healing from God. It would take a miracle for her to seek help in the first place. But I am thankful to God for the miracle of having this little girl around most of the time. She is a joy to be with. Your continued prayers are needed for bio-mom. Know that I always thank God for you.

Praise God for your good news. I will say a prayer for your stepdaughter’s mother.

I will remember you all in my prayers tonight.

Praise God!

I ask the blessed Mother to pray for your family and for your stepdaughter’s mother.
Hail Mary, Full of Grace, the Lord is with thee
Blessed art thou amongst women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.