Update

Hi,

Well, it turns out that although the pain is under my ribcage, the cause of it is a uterine fibroid. It must be pressing on a nerve that runs along the side of my torso or something!

Because of logistics, I won’t have surgery to remove it until September 29; I have painkillers for when it gets bad in the interim.

Thank God it’s not something worse and thank you all so much for your prayers!! I’ll need 'em again when I have surgery, of course. :slight_smile:

In Christ,

Francesca

Great news!

Francesca, I’m really pleased it’s benign, if painful. I’m sorry you have to wait and bear the pain, but hopefully God will use that to good purpose…
I thank God for your peace of mind!
And ask God to bless you greatly.The fibroid has done one good thing for you! It netted prayers for you! With the promise of more prayers to come!

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Yes! Whew!:thumbsup:

Thanks! It was definitely a relief, and the pain is easier to deal with now that I know what it is, and have some better pain meds for when it’s bad.

You are so right. It’s easier to see now that I’m not running around all tangled up with anxiety, of course!

In Christ,

Francesca

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.