Updates from a Seminarian

As some of you know, I am entering seminary this Fall. Some people have asked for me to continue giving updates. This is where I will do so. If you would like to receive a notification whenever I post to this thread, please click the “Normal” button at the bottom of the page, and change it to “Watching.”

If it is not against the rules of the forum (I don’t think it is), and the last post to this thread was close to 14 days ago (after which the thread gets locked), please do me, and the others who have an interest in it, a favor and post a response.

I am a very introverted and shy person. I feel very strongly about becoming a priest; how can I overcome those feelings?
I am a Seminarian Candidate

THANKING God for calling you to the Priesthood and for you answering His call. There is a special place in my heart for all Seminarians and Consecrated Religious. We need good holy devout Priests and they all need our prayers.

KNOW that daily in my prayers when I pray for ALL Priests, Religious Brothers & Sisters, Deacons, Seminarians, our Pope, Bishops, Cardinals and all discerning a vocation to the Priesthood or Religious life you are named specifically in that list.

EVERY possible blessing and Grace being asked for you in this your Spiritual Journey with Our Lord.

What a Great God we have. THANK YOU & God Bless You.

So…how did this come about ?
You had to chat with a Priest -
Where is the school located ?
Do you know what education you’ll be starting with :stuck_out_tongue:

I think this will be a fun thread to watch !

This came about after years of discernment. I have—at some level—felt an attraction to the priesthood ever since I was a young boy. One of the priests at my parish took me under his wing about four years ago. Ever since then, one thing has led to the next, and I am now a seminarian. Looking back at my life, I can see that nearly everything I have done in life has lead me or prepared me for this point. God’s planning is impeccable.

Regarding specifics about the seminary where I will attend, etc., I am not comfortable sharing that at this point. At the earliest, I might share more once I actually enter seminary.

You sound like a cradle Catholic !
Are your parents faithful believers, like you ?
The Priest - has to be a good friend, to be cool with you, like that.
Time - is key - it’s really a non stop flow - in one direction.
God - being with you the entire time - oh what joy !

Yes, I am a cradle Catholic, and my parents are indeed both faithful believers.
The priest I mentioned is a very holy man. In fact, looking back, one single act of kindness on his part is possibly the single most influential act for my discernment. When he found out I was discerning, he gave me a book to read, which is what really got the ball rolling; I followed the author’s advice, which led me to have connections at the diocesan level, without which I could not have gotten the resources and guidance that I did.

Was the book “To Save a Thousand Souls”? I am a Serran and we have given out hundreds of copies of that book.

Yes, that was it.

Someone needs to write a biography about Fr. Brannen (the author, for those who do not know the book) called To Save a Million Souls, because his book has been influential for many young men.

Wonderful book. I have met Fr Brennan he is super. I will wait to see which diocese you are in. I was in Houston St Martha parish and for the last 3 years in Dallas St Thomas Aquinas.
I have given books out in both diocese. Thank you Holy Spirit!

I didn’t read the second paragraph. I will tell Fr Brannen what you said about influencing so many.

Thank you for repeating this.

So to those who are called and answer God’s call THANK YOU for letting the Holy Spirit work in your heart, mind and soul to serve Our Lord, His Church and us.

Matthew19:29
" And everyone who has left houses, brothers, sisters, father, mother, children or land for the sake of my name will receive a hundred times as much, and also inherit eternal life."

Very powerful and very true,
We need priests.

You’ll be beginning this Fall as a Seminarian. We just had 7 Seminarians ordained to the Priesthood this morning in our Diocese of Lafayette, Louisiana. They are beginning their walk with Jesus as Priests in His Church. Praying one day that when you get ordained I’ll be able to pray for your beginning walk with Jesus into the Priesthood.

He>I. He must increase I must decrease.

CajunJoy65
That is awesome!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.