Updates from a Seminarian

PLEASE LORD send us GOOD HOLY DEVOUT PRIESTS who live to do only your will and who will be surrounded by Father Son Holy Spirit, Blessed Mother Mary, All Holy Saints and Angles and protected from satan and all his evil ways.

“Forgetting what lies behind but straining forward to what lies ahead…the prize of God’s upward calling in Christ Jesus” – Phillipians 3:10-14

Queen of the clergy:

Our Lady, Mother of Priests:

Cakes too neat not to share:

They are super cute! :tulip:

A Prayer For Priests

Keep them, I pray Thee Dearest Lord

Keep them, for they are Thine—

Thy priests whose lives burn out before

Thy consecrated Shrine.

Keep them—Thou knowest , dearest Lord—

The world—the flesh are strong.

And satan spreads a thousand snares

To lead them into wrong.

Keep them, for they are in the world

Though from the world apart,

When earthly pleasures tempt, allure—

Shelter them in Thy Heart.

Keep them and comfort them in hours

Of Loneliness and pain

When all their life of sacrifice

For souls seems but in vain.

Keep them, and oh, remember Lord,

They have no one but Thee

Yet they have only human hearts,

With human frailty.

Keep them as spotless as the Host—

That daily, they caress—

Their every thought and word and deed,

Deign dearest Lord to bless.

Amen

IMPRIMATUR

+Henry Joseph O’Leary, D.D., Archbishop of Edmonton

I truly love this latest prayer I posted. I thin I will say this one every day.

:frowning: With everything that has come out in the news lately about the clergy abuse scandal here in the U.S. and other places it’s easy to get depressed and discouraged in our Catholic Church/Faith. So much sad news.

BUT the most encouraging thing is young men like you and the others here who are going into the Seminary. :slight_smile: It’s encouraging that you are answering God’s call and that you WANT to be good holy devout Priests in our Church. It give us all HOPE. KNOW PLEASE KNOW that even your attempting the Seminary and wanting to become Priests is a true blessing for us all. THANK YOU for answering God’s call and THANK YOU for thinking of others before yourselves. WE NEED YOU! Every blessing & Grace to you all and to all who help you and make this possible.

Father Son Holy Spirit, Blessed Mother Mary, all Holy Saints and Angels PLEASE surround and protect: ALL Priests, Religious Brothers and Sisters, Deacons, SEMINARIANS, our Pope, Bishops, Cardinals and all discerning vocation to the Priesthood or Religious Life, from satan and all his evil ways. May You, Dear Lord grant them every possible blessing and grace to do your will, keep their hearts minds and souls focused on You Dear Lord and give them Faith, Hope, Peace, Joy, Truth and Love to serve You with their entire lives! May they be only Good and Faithful Servants in their lives for You and Your Catholic Church. AMEN!

DON’T FORGET THEM: Those already Priests, Religious Brothers & Sisters, Deacons, Bishops, Cardinals, our Pope --------------
but also the men who are either in Seminary formation already on their way studying and preparing for the Priesthood or who are about to begin their Seminary studies especially those here Young Apologist3, SonofJoseph and CTBcin. Also in our Diocese we have 2 men on their final leg of the journey at the end of their studies on the way to the Priesthood. I’m sure this time for them is very nerve wracking but also filled with blessings. They are beginning a journey that many of us here will never know. Their hearts MUST be heavy with the latest news but I’m sure their hearts are also bursting with joy because they are answering God’s call.

PLEASE help me pray UNCEASINGLY for all of them. PLEASE offer all prayers, Masses, Holy Hours in Front of the Blessed Sacrament, LOTH and any other devotions and prayers you can for them. THEY NEED OUR PRAYERS to fight the good fight and become Good and Faithful servants for the Lord. And WE NEED THEM to have the Sacraments, Mass, The Eucharist and our Church to continue the way God intends it to. THANK YOU ALL and THANK YOU guys for taking this leap of Faith. May you receive every possible blessing, grace and help from Our Lord to become good, holy , devout Priests in our Catholic Church.

Thank you for the replies. If you haven’t yet figured it out, I have begun seminary. The preceding period of time was also very busy for an entirely different reason, so I haven’t really been on the CAF for probably about a month.

Seminary so far has basically been what I expected it to be. My fellow seminarians and I are already truly brothers. Daily Mass, the Liturgy of the Hours, and more prayer; classes, recreation, meals, etc. I haven’t been bored much at all, except a few times when my brothers were learning something that I already knew. (It’s always good to review, though, and I’m sure that feeling will be reciprocated later on.) I have been kept busy, and we’re still winding up.

Thank you for all your prayers. Please continue to keep the clergy, all other seminarians, and myself, in your prayers. You all are also in mine.

Thanks so much for letting us know. You all are daily in my prayers.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.