Updates from a Seminarian

Just some interesting things I thought I’d share:

http://www.usccb.org/beliefs-and-teachings/vocations/priesthood/priestly-formation/faqs-priesthood-ordination-seminary.cfm

Good info. I will try to set up a group message tomorrow. Keep praying! :pray::pray::pray:

When I was considering being a cloistered Carmelite Nun eons ago a nun gave me this prayer. I memorized it and it is my go to prayer after Holy Communion:

A Daily Prayer for Priests
Daily Prayer for Priests
O Almighty, Eternal God, look upon the Face of Your Son and for love of Him, who is the Eternal High Priest, have pity on Your priests. Remember, O most compassionate God, that they are but weak and frail human beings. Stir up in them the grace of their vocation which is in them by the imposition of the bishop’s hands. Keep them close to You, lest the enemy prevail against them, so that they may never do anything in the slightest degree unworthy of their sublime vocation. O Jesus, I pray for Your faithful and fervent priests; for Your unfaithful and tepid priests; for Your priests laboring at home or abroad in distant mission fields; for Your tempted priests; for the lonely and desolate priests; for Your young priests; for Your dying priests; for the souls of Your priests in purgatory. But above all, I commend to you N. and all the priests dearest to me, the priest who baptized me, the priests who have absolved me from my sins, the priests at whose Masses I have assisted and who have offered me Your Body and Blood in Holy Communion, the priests who have taught and instructed me or helped and encouraged me, and the priests to whom I am indebted in any other way. O Jesus, keep them all close to Your Heart, and bless them abundantly in time and in eternity. Amen.

It is soooo refreshing to hear what the OTHER 97% contribute to society.

Thanks and God’s continued prayers &blessings

Patrick

Cajun, Have you read the story of the mothers from Lu Italy?
It is on the internet. I think you should consider starting a parish vocation committee. :pray:

I have given our Priest some ideas, waiting to hear back from him.

“, Have you read the story of the mothers from Lu Italy?”

Do you have a link to that story?

No google it.

OK I will do that.

Cajun, I have set up the group of those young men interested in a vocation to the priesthood. I intended to invite you as you have a heart for vocations. But being female, I thought it might inhibit the boys from discussing Chasity issues. I hope you understand. The women of the church have always been the backbone of the church. I think we have a male priesthood because the Lord new that was the only way He could get them to step up. :grinning:

UNDERSTAND TOTALLY and I THANK YOU for setting up that group. I am with you all in prayer and hoping we will get MANY new Priests from the fruits of the Spirit you have set up in that group. God Bless you for doing so.

Should Priests have a day off?

DARN RIGHT THEY SHOULD OR DAYS IF THEY NEED!

http://wdtprs.com/blog/2018/07/ask-father-should-a-priest-have-a-day-off/

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.