Upon Death, decisions are over and Near Death Experiences?

Once a person has died, they can no longer make choices, correct??? The individual cannot add anything in defense or against their soul after the point of death??? Does this include everyone who has died (i.e. comatose patients, children below the age of reason, etc.)???

In a Near Death Experience, is it possible to undergo 2 particular judgements???

Thanks and God Bless,
~slinky1882

[quote=slinky1882]Once a person has died, they can no longer make choices, correct??? The individual cannot add anything in defense or against their soul after the point of death??? Does this include everyone who has died (i.e. comatose patients, children below the age of reason, etc.)???

In a Near Death Experience, is it possible to undergo 2 particular judgements???

Thanks and God Bless,
~slinky1882
[/quote]

a near death experience is not actual physical death, therefore the person would not undergo judgement. Certainly a person can make a choice after death. they cannot make a choice about earthly actions, which are no longer possible, but at the moment of death they come face to face with God and are given the knowledge necessary to make the final choice of union with God forever in heaven, or eternity separated from Him in hell.

Thanks for your reply, but I have a specific example of Fr. Stephen Scheier who appeared on Mother Angelica live.The link below explains the scenario.
frtommylane.com/homilies/year_c/lent3.htm

My question is, do people in Fr. Scheier’s case undergo 2 particular judgments???
Thanks again and God Bless.

thanks it is always much more helpful to have a link or quote which explains the meat of your question.

whether this priest actually underwent an actual judgement, or whether he had a spiritual experience which he construed that way as it forced him to confront the reality of his sins (which has happened to many saints, even without a near death experience) is of course impossible for us to say. We are constantly reminded to always place ourselves in front of Jesus as if facing judgement, which is why we examine our conscience daily and seek recourse to the sacraments often.

[quote=puzzleannie] but at the moment of death they come face to face with God and are given the knowledge necessary to make the final choice of union with God forever in heaven, or eternity separated from Him in hell.
[/quote]

Is that right? So if you die in mortal sin as an obstinant atheist, you can just choose heaven when you see God? So why not just commit suicide and then choose heaven?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.