'Upon this Rock' by Steve Ray

Peace be with you!

Just recieved my copy of Steve Ray’s book, Upon this Rock, yesterday. I ordered it off his website and he personally sent it to me and signed the inside cover! He has also taken the time to respond to some of my e-mails and give me some advise for my own apologetics and sent me a free copy of his coversion story on tape. What a great guy!
Anyway, I read about the first 30 pages last night and so far this book is excellent. He includes commentary from Church Fathers and prominent Protestant apologists that back up Church interpretations. He also talks about James White’s interpretation of some verses and disproves them. I highly recommend this book to anyone who hasn’t read it yet–it’s a GREAT defense of the papacy.

In Christ,
Rand

[quote=Rand Al’Thor]Peace be with you!

Just recieved my copy of Steve Ray’s book, Upon this Rock, yesterday. I ordered it off his website and he personally sent it to me and signed the inside cover! He has also taken the time to respond to some of my e-mails and give me some advise for my own apologetics and sent me a free copy of his coversion story on tape. What a great guy!
Anyway, I read about the first 30 pages last night and so far this book is excellent. He includes commentary from Church Fathers and prominent Protestant apologists that back up Church interpretations. He also talks about James White’s interpretation of some verses and disproves them. I highly recommend this book to anyone who hasn’t read it yet–it’s a GREAT defense of the papacy.

In Christ,
Rand
[/quote]

I also recommend “Crossing The Tiber”. It is exellent! :thumbsup:

I’ll agree with Rand I haven’t even finished it-1) because I lost my page 2) I’m convinced enough to not look;).

I recommend “Born Fundamentalist, Born Again Catholic” by David Currie. I cannot recomend it highly enough. (Steve Ray’s book is excellent to.)

You might want to read a bit on the rebutal to Steve Ray’s book.

christiantruth.com/stephenray.html

[quote=kaycee]You might want to read a bit on the rebutal to Steve Ray’s book.

[/quote]

Steve Ray’s response to Webster’s critique :

catholicconvert.com/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=77

[quote=kaycee]You might want to read a bit on the rebutal to Steve Ray’s book.

[/quote]

I haven’t read this yet, but I’ve read part of Steve’s rebuttal to James White’s review.

Thanks for the link Sarah!
I bookmarked that one…it’ll come in handy.

I have read “Upon This Rock” by Ray and if you enjoyed that you might also enjoy “Jesus, Peter, and the Keys” by Queenship publishing, I forget the authors name.

As far as the rebuttals to Ray’s book go, the critics constantly cherry pick the fathers so it’s not to hard to see through their arguments. Also, after reading the book, it’s pretty easy to see the weaknesses of the critics scriptural challenges too.

[quote=Rand Al’Thor]Peace be with you!

[/quote]

Rand:

The whole books is like that. Steve’s reliance on the Church Fathers is one of the reasons I bought this book. It is amaizing the amount of sources for the primacy of Rome there are in the first few centuries of the Church. It is one of the best apologetics source for the Papacy.

PF

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.