Upsetting Website

I stumbled upon this website (Removed)

I have know idea who this person or people are, but they are saying the most dreadful things about catholics. It is suggesting that out religion is satanic. I really feel quite disturbed by the couple of things that I saw.

I don’t know what it is like in America, but here in the UK the Catholic church is slandered and critisised all the time. I sometimes feel as if we constantly have to defend our beliefs. There is an outcry here if anybody dares to offend Muslims or Hindus for example. The Catholic Church, however, seems to be fair game.

Dear Lynsay.
I wouldn’t worry too much about them,
They are sectarian… against everyone and everything.
Even against rock music… :slight_smile:
such people come in small groups because they are fanatics… Its more disturbing when big denominations slander the Catholic Church talking about conspiracies etc… but as far as I know this is more an American phenomenon. Where I am in Scandinavia, only small groups have the agenda of making the RCC look like the big harlot…

Grace.

I have know idea who this person or people are, but they are saying the most dreadful things about catholics. It is suggesting that out religion is satanic. I really feel quite disturbed by the couple of things that I saw.

I don’t know what it is like in America, but here in the UK the Catholic church is slandered and critisised all the time. I sometimes feel as if we constantly have to defend our beliefs. There is an outcry here if anybody dares to offend Muslims or Hindus for example. The Catholic Church, however, seems to be fair game.Hi…

Don’t sweat those guys. Do you see anything on there that looks like it’s based on verifiable facts? No you won’t.

And that is generally true of those who go after the Catholic faith both here in the U.S. and in the U.K. as well, and it’s one of the reasons that sites like Catholic Answers exists to begin with. To arm Catholics with truth and educate them as to how to reasonably respond.

It’s not really all that new, Lynsey. Remember that the church has been around for 2,000 years and it was pretty much born in slander and persecution and the Lord has graciously preserved her to this day as He promised. (Matthew 16:18 And I say to thee: That thou art Peter; and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.)

You want some good places to go on the internet?

Defenders of the Catholic Faith

Catholic Community Forum

Apocalypsis

Catholic Home Study Service

Bible Christian Society

Scripture Catholic

Archbishop Fulton Sheen mp3 Audio

THE REASON FOR OUR HOPE FOUNDATION

Biblical Evidence for Catholicism

Today`s Reading and Psalm

Militia Immaculatae: International Center

St. Pio Society of Evangelists

And just for fun… Lolcats ‘n’ Funny Pictures - I Can Has Cheezburger?

Lynsey,
Here is what the guy says about Lutherans.

(Removed)

Obviously, he is an equal opportunity hater. I recommend people don’t go there because it just increases his hit count.

Jon

That guy does not have a clue. It’s quite obivious in his comment about the thief on the cross, among others. That’s really sad. :(:gopray2:

The thing that annoys me is some Catholics stumble on a site like that and go away thinking this must be what all noncatholics think of Catholicism. It drives a wedge between us, quite the opposite of what Christ wants for us.

Jon

I’d like to see a “non-Catholic website” that says something nice or positive about Catholicism. Haven’t seen one yet.

Sadly…its the general view given by protestants websites and writings, that is truly sad. They generally tend to be false and bigoted, rife with lies, inaccuracies, and nothing good to them.

I’d bet an internet nickel that the people behind that site think you can play a CD backwards and hear the devil tell you what to do. Theres a name for people like them…“sickos”.

I don’t worry much about people like that…they aren’t worth the worry.

Why worry about bigots? Does anybody think these people are models of Christian living? Sure, answer them when the opportunity arises, but don’t worry about them. They probably drive more people into the Church than out of her.

I sent them an email:
“I feel sorry that hate filled people like you actually use the word “Christian” to describe yourselves.”

They can chew on that

Attention All

Your posts have been edited due to the likelihood that other forum readers/members will visit someone else’s website for the purposes of apologetics arguments or rebuke.

In an effort to illuminate and explain the Catholic faith, CA makes every effort to provide our participants with a pleasant and informative place on the internet where Catholics and non-Catholics may gather.

It is our hope that respectful dialogue and discussion will lead to better faith understandings. And so in charity, we ask that our forums not be used for encouraging mass visits to other websites. In the past these kinds of efforts, although perhaps well intentioned, leave participants at other websites with negative impressions.

Your cooperation in helping promote these aims of faith exposition, hope for fruitful discussion and charity in implementation are sincerely appreciated.

Sincerely,
MF

Please take note of the following from the Banned Topics Policy.

1. Encouraging “swarming” of other forums to engage in debate of anti-Catholic postings there
  1. Links to blatantly anti-Catholic sites, except as a valid reference point for discussion

Michael,
While I don’t think it was the intention of anyone in this thread to create a swarm (I even recommended not visiting the site in question), I understand and appreciate your precaution.

thanks,
Jon

Terry,
When I first came upon the site, I tried to email, attempting a pleasant dialogue, but they never responded. I suspect you will get the same silent treatment.

From Ronhom:

I’d like to see a “non-Catholic website” that says something nice or positive about Catholicism. Haven’t seen one yet.
Sadly…its the general view given by protestants websites and writings, that is truly sad. They generally tend to be false and bigoted, rife with lies, inaccuracies, and nothing good to them.

It seems the empty barrels always make the most noise. I think most noncatholics don’t feel the way that site portrays. Perhaps we should be more vocal about it. I try to here.
Jon

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.