Urgent medical problem

This past Monday evening, while I was visiting a friend in New York, I had a medical emergency. While not quite life-threatening problem, it was simply the most painful condition a man can experience; Testicular Torsion (twisting of the testicle that pinches the nerve and cuts off blood flow). Men, you know what I mean by pain. For the ladies, I can only say that I would rather have had my eyeballs pushed in while someone was pulling out my finger and toe nails with a pair of pliers. The doctors were able to get things put back in the right place by manual manipulation, but recurrence is almost certain. After some consideration, the doctors in New York decided not to perform the surgery to correct this there. Instead they let me come back home to Oregon to have it done here and have proper follow-up care.

They discharged me yesterday and I flew home last night. Today, I am seeing my doctor and having more tests done here. If the doctors here decide on surgery, I understand that it is fairly minor surgery. There is a possibility that I a may lose one testicle as blood flow was cut off to it for many, many hours a day for four days. However, I was told there is an “extremely remote” possibility that I could have some complications including infertility or impotence.

As I write this, I am in moderate pain, but still able to function. Well sort of.

I ask for your prayers that the pain I am experiencing now will subside, that I will get the medical care I need, that the surgeon’s hands are guided by his and my Guardian Angel and that I recover fully.

We are praying for you rpp.

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thine intercession was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, we fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, our mother; to thee do we come, before thee we stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not our petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer them.

Amen.

God bless all!!!

Hail Mary,
full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

I will keep you in my prayers for a FAST and speedy recovery.

I should add that this happened while I was on a date so it was rather embarrassing. :blush:

I hope all goes well for you. That sounds incredibly painful.

St Raphael the Archangel, please guide his physicians in “useful medicines.” (Book of Tobit)

Jesus, Divine Healer, please heal this man who loves you so.

Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.

Amen.

rpp,
Praying for you and feeling sympathy & Christian love,
Lord Jesus please bless & heal & help rpp with his problem. Help the medical profession be able to help him very soon & completly.
Let there be no negative after-effects of the needed procedure.
rpp, you have impressed me by your good posts & your love for the Lord.
He loves you and you will be blessed by our Dear Lord.
God bless you dear & let us all know how things go from here on.
Blessed Mother please ask your Dear Son Jesus to lay His Healing Hands on rpp.
In Christ Jesus Love,
Agatina

Lord Jesus Christ, I offer You rpp’s pain for love of You, for the conversion of sinners, and in reparation for the sins against the Immaculate Heart of Mary.

:amen::byzsoc::byzsoc::byzsoc:

It sounds awful. I’m really sorry you’re in so much pain and have a radical kind of scare for a man. I didn’t know that could happen. I hope they gave you strong pain releif, and that if they’re going to perform the surgery they do so as soon as possible, hopefully today.

Jesus please help to get this surgery over with quickly. And please ensure that it can be done with as little harm as possible.
Please help our friend to get through this with as litle pain and as little cause for regret as possible. And don’t let it affect his ability to have children some day. Please let the surgeons work cleverly enough to save everything, even if it takes a miracle. Thank You, Jesus. We’re used to his smiling face. Please have him smiling again soon.

I ask the Lord Jesus that He will stop your pain and guide his surgeons that they operate the best fot you. Also for a speedy recovery. Through the intercession of the Blessed Mother

Amen

I’m not even male, but just imagining the pain of having that happen had me grimacing in sympathy.

Prayers for you, get well soon!

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thine intercession was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, we fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, our mother; to thee do we come, before thee we stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not our petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer them.

Dear Jesus,
Please heal this man completely. He is a good man, who is eager to do Your will. Let there be no permanent repercussions from his medical emergency. Protect him so that he can continue to discern Your will. Amen.

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Update.

I had another exam yesterday. Apparently, I have a congenital condition that makes me prone to this. This is very unusual for an adult man to have this happen; it usually surfaces in childhood or adolescence. Since this is congenital, I now have to discuss this with my son and my brothers to warn them. :blush: I mean an anonymous Internet forum is one thing, but when people know me, that is quite another!

My left testicle has become soft and quite tender. The doctor is concerned it may have been injured, but told me that life with one testicle is not a problem. The levels of testosterone, which is produced down there, should remain normal as the remaining one will make up for the loss. Fertility may be compromised, but then I am 47. Still, I am a bit worried about my, er, manhood.

Surgery is scheduled for June 19.

Hey rpp,

Just found this thread. The only way I can think of reacting via smiley is: :bigyikes:

I will keep you in my prayers…especially marking 6/19 on the calendar.

I’ve been praying for you. Actually you got me on this one, as my eldest boy when he was four had the problem and corrective surgery. He came through unscathed, but I didn’t know the poor little fellow was in as much pain as you’ve described. It was clear he was in pain, but owww
June 19th. I’ll remember that as it’s a family birthday. I hope your level of pain subsides. It seems a long wait for an urgent surgery…but I hope all goes well.

As for telling telling the men in your family…I didn’t know you had a son, that’s great…they’re probably okay.
Our family weakness is autoimmune. I’m Celiac, but my sons and beautiful granddaughter tested clear…some of my siblings are, a couple not. But it would be good if your doctor can tell you guys how to avoid the problem, if that’s even possible.
As for your other natural anxiety, I’ll say a prayer for you but I reckon you’ll be fine. Don’t you dare give yourself one iota less credit as a man!

Anyhow, I’ll keep you in prayer.

I’ll keep praying for you. I’ll pray that it isn’t as serious as it could be. Remembered you and
K at mass this morning. God Bless.

LORD Jesus
Heal ur Son

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.