URGENT! Please pray for a young married couple heading for divorce!

Hello,
There are a couple who were married for about six months before they seperated. This should be their first Christmas as a married couple and enjoying their time together, but instead they are both "single".
They are friends of friends, I've only met the groom once briefly but I know the bride ok. It was her decision to end things. She didn't tell me why (which is fair enough as we're not that close) but a mutual friend told me that she apparently woke up one day feeling like she was drowning and had to get out of it....
As far as I'm aware neither are religious and their marriage was legal but had no religious aspect at all (They married around Easter time so insted of having a wedding cake to cut they had a huge easter egg to smash). Because of this neither understand like we do that marriage is for life and neither have the Lord to turn to in what must be an awful awful time. Please pray that they open their hearts to the Lord and find the strength to give their marriage another try. They have only been married for 8 months....though they class it as six because that's when they seperated and I know I have never married but surely logic tells you that 6 months isn't a long enough time to have really made a go of things? Espeically seeing as they dated for about 4 years at least, before getting married.

Thank you all and God bless.
Merry Christmas!
xxx

Praying that this couple turns to the Lord in this their time of need and gives each other a second chance. May they get their marriage blessed by the Church, as they need the sacramental graces to have a healthy and strong marriage that works. Amen.

A Novena Prayer to the Sacred Heart of Jesus
Sacred Heart of Jesus, we know that there is but one thing impossible to You: to be without pity for those who are in suffering or distress. Look down on us, we beg of You and grant us the grace which we humbly and earnestly implore, through the Immaculate Heart of Your most sorrowful Mother to whom You confided us as her children, and whose prayers are all powerful with You. Amen.

JMJ
Thank you God for prayer.

We ask in urgency for you to work Your miracles of miracles in a way for this young couple to be witnessed to about Your precious Son JESUS. We pray that they come in contact with a Catholic Christian, because the sacrament of marriage in the Catholic Church is recognized with such respect and understanding of God’s seriousness of marriage. Though this couple were not married in a Christian setting it would be amazing if this couple could come to a quick understanding of the HOLINESS of You oh God, and be made aware of a need of a respectful fear of your Holiness. Please Lord, may they be pointed to You by an awesome chain of events and come to know you. I ask this please IN THE POWER OF THE HOLY SPIRIT! AMEN.

Our Precious Holy Mother, we come to you and ask aide for this couple who have not realized that marriage is a Holy, sacred vocation. Please Holy Mary by your intercessory prayer we ask that you pray for this couple and point them to your precious Son the LORD JESUS CHRIST. Amen.

praying for light in the midst of darkness and that love may rule above all.

Praying for your friends ...

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Remember, O most loving Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession was left unaided. Inspired with this confidence, we turn to you, O Virgins of virgins, our Mother. To you we come, before you we stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, do not despise our petitions, but in your mercy hear us and answer us. Amen

Well, so far it seems to be getting worse, the bride has started seeing someone else.....someone who the groom was friends with. Also she has deleted all of their marriage/honeymoon.other coupley photos off facebook. I really don't see how this can be solved anytime soon, but please Lord touch their hearts so they realise marriage is forever.
God bless
xx

Dear Lord we pray for Your will to be done regarding this married couple.May they recognise
the significance of their marriage vows to one another .May they open their hearts and minds
to communicate with one another.AMen

Sacred Heart of Jesus, we know that there is but one thing impossible to You: to be without pity for those who are in suffering or distress. Look down on us, we beg of You and grant us the grace which we humbly and earnestly implore, through the Immaculate Heart of Your most sorrowful Mother to whom You confided us as her children, and whose prayers are all powerful with You. Amen.

Praying.

It's one of the serious problems of secular marriage. The couples dont take vows seriously and they see it as a contract, not a covenant. Infact, often times that is said in the marriage ceremony of the secular. "contract"

Will be praying. But boy, this is so common with the state of marriage these days.

AMEN.
Hail Mary full of grace the Lord is with Thee.
Blessed art Thou among women and blessed is the fruit of Thy womb Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

closed #14

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.