URGENT prayer need for beaten infant!

Please read the link below and pray for this innocent baby:
wpxi.com/news/10280436/detail.html

Police: Man Beats, Shocks Infant With Stun Gun

Suspect In Police Custody

POSTED: 8:42 am EST November 9, 2006
**SOMERSET, Pa. – **A Somerset man is in jail, accused of assaulting an infant.Police said B. Austill smashed the baby’s head against a bathroom sink and a table, breaking the infant’s leg.According to police, he then shocked the baby with a stun gun.The 21-year-old is facing six counts of aggravated assault and eight counts of reckless endangerment.The infant’s condition is not known.

that man is sick:eek: i will pray for this little girl.

UPDATE:

Further info on baby. Please keep praying for this helpless innocent baby! (And the child’s father who did it.) God have mercy, God have mercy, God have mercy…

thepittsburghchannel.com/news/10282392/detail.html

SOMERSET, Pa. – A Somerset man is accused of breaking his infant’s leg and shocking the baby with a stun gun, WTAE Channel 4’s Jennifer Miele reported on Thursday.

Brandon Alan Austill, 21, was arraigned on charges including six counts of aggravated assault and eight counts of reckless endangerment.

Somerset Borough police said Austill admitted to smashing the infant’s head against a bathroom sink and a dining room table. Police said Austill also bent the infant’s leg until he heard it break and jolted the baby with a stun gun.

The baby’s injuries included a broken left tibia, broken left ulna, broken left femur, face fractures and two skull fractures.

Police allege that abuse occurred between Sept. 11 and Oct. 31 at Austill and the baby’s mother, Brianna Clark’s, apartment. Some of the alleged abuse occurred when the baby was only 4 days old, authorities said.

The baby was flown from Somerset to Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh on Oct. 31 and is still recovering.

Austill is being held in the Somerset County Jail on $75,000 bond.

:gopray:

Dear Lord in Heaven!!! :gopray: :gopray: :gopray: :gopray: :gopray:

:gopray2: :bible1:

Father in heaven watch over this poor injured child and all like him. Watch over all parents who are tempted to violence against their children.

Horrible.

Praying.

So very sad and horrific, may God watch over this child and restore him to full health…

Even more in need of our prayer is the man who committed this act.

Praying :gopray:

Here is an update. I just wish they would say how the baby is doing. They are very vague. Folks, I suspect that some of those offers of help for the baby came from you good CAF people. Thank you so much, and please keep praying for all involved.

thepittsburghchannel.com/news/10335616/detail.html

Baby Cattle-Prod Suspect: ‘I Love My Daughter’

POSTED: 11:33 am EST November 16, 2006
UPDATED: 6:52 pm EST November 16, 2006
Email This Story | Print This Story
SOMERSET, Pa. – A Somerset man was in court Thursday, accused of breaking his infant daughter’s leg, shocking the baby with a cattle prod and smashing her head against a bathroom sink and a dining room table.
WTAE Channel 4’s Jennifer Miele reported that the defense is examining Brandon Austill’s childhood, trying to figure out if the 22-year-old suspect was ever abused.
The defense also said Austill is very remorseful, and they’re trying to determine if drug use may have played a role in his alleged behavior, Miele reported.

Austill was returned to the Somerset County Jail after waiving his preliminary hearing, telling reporters, “I love my daughter,” as he walked out of the county courthouse.
Somerset police said he admitted the alleged abuse against his baby, Candice, which they said happened between Sept. 11 and Oct. 31 at an apartment he shares with the mother, Brianna Clark.
The baby girl was flown to Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh with a broken left tibia, broken left ulna, broken left femur, face fractures and two skull fractures, police said. She is now staying with a foster family.
Austill faces more than 30 counts of felony aggravated assault, among other charges, Miele reported. A trial will be scheduled at a later date.
Police said they have received phone calls and e-mails from people all over the country who are interested in adopting the baby or helping with clothes, toys and expenses. Those offers have been forwarded to the county’s department of Children and Youth Services.

I was online looking for information about Candice the baby in this case and found this site. I actually feel like my prayers were answered. Please continue to pray for her. I am her mother ( the one who adopted her after her horrible start in life, not her biological one). I just want everyone to know that she is being raised in a loving Catholic family now. She is a beautiful happy little girl but still has many lasting effects from the abuse. Can you please continue to pray for her ? She needs all the prayers she can get right now.

After reading another message board where people were saying she is the poster child for abortion- I was in tears. Yes she had a horrible first couple months but she is a wonderful child. It was just awful reading a bunch of stranger posting that my baby should be dead. Please pray for her and our family that things get easier for us. Her biological mother was never charged and lives near our home. We are trying to move away from here and hoping my husbands job comes through with a transfer. Please pray for us.

Thank You.

Holy Mother Mary we pray for the well-being and safety of this child. Please grant a miracle and give this innocent soul a healthy, safe and long life. Please look upon the man who has caused this pain and suffering and heal and mind and soul. Let him acknowledge what he has done.

Blessed Mother we pray for all children in danger of violence and all forms of abuse. Let the Sacred Heart of Jesus protect them

Hail Mary, full of grace.
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Holy Mother Mary we continue to pray for this poor child. We pray for the mind and soul of the man who did this

Our Lord is with thee.
Jesus.
pray for us sinners,
Amen.

Praying for this baby and his father …

Holy Mother Mary we continue to pray for this poor child. Allow this child to have health and well-being. Surround them with love and protection. Blessed Mother we pray for the soul and mind of the man who did this

The Lord is with thee.
Jesus.
pray for us sinners,
Amen.

Holy Mother Mary we pray for the miraculous healing of this innocent child. We pray also for the mind and soul of the man who committed this crime

The Lord is with thee.
Jesus.
pray for us sinners,
Amen.

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the LORD is with thee.
Blessed art thou amongst women
JESUS.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners
Amen.

Remember oh most gracious Virgin Mary that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thine intercession was left unaided. Inspired by this confidence I fly unto thee oh Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To thee I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. Oh Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions but in thy mercy hear and answer me. Amen.

Hail Holy Queen, Mother of Mercy, our life, our sweetness, and our hope. To thee do we cry poor banished children of Eve. To thee do we send up our sighs mourning and weeping in this valley of tears. Turn then most gracious advocate thine eyes of mercy toward us and after this our exile show unto us the blessed fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Oh clement, oh loving, oh sweet Virgin Mary, pray for us oh holy Mother of God, that we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Saint Adelaide, holy patron of abuse victims, pray for this little girl. Amen.

Saint Agostina Pietrantoni, holy patron of abuse victims pray for this little girl. Amen.

Saint Fabiola, holy patron of abuse victims, pray for this little girl. Amen.

Saint Germaine Cousin, holy patron of abuse victims pray for this little girl. Amen.

Saint Godelieve, holy patron of abuse victims, pray for this little girl. Amen.

Saint Jeanne de Lestonnac, holy patron of abuse victims, pray for this little girl. Amen.

Saint Jeanne Marie de Maille, holy patron of abuse victims, pray for this little girl. Amen.

Saint Joaquina Vedruna de Mas, holy patron of abuse victims, pray for this little girl. Amen.

Saint Laura Vicuna, holy patron of abuse victims, pray for this little girl. Amen.

Saint Margaret the Barefooted, holy patron of abuse victims, pray for this little girl. Amen.

Saint Maria Bagnesi, holy patron of abuse victims, pray for this little girl. Amen.

Saint Monica, holy patron of abuse victims, pray for this little girl. Amen.

Saint Pharaildis, holy patron of abuse victims, pray for this little girl. Amen.

Saint Rita of Cascia, holy patron of abuse victims, pray for this little girl. Amen.

Saint Alodia, holy patron of victims of child abuse, pray for this little girl. Amen.

Saint Lufthild, holy patron of victims of child abuse, pray for this little girl. Amen.

Saint Nunilo, holy patron of victims of child abuse, pray for this little girl. Amen.

Saint Raphael the Archangel, holy patron of healing, pray for this little girl’s healing. Amen.

Saint Dymphna, holy patron of those with mental illness, pray for this little girl that she would not suffer from any mental illness as a result of the abuse she endured. Amen.

Infant Jesus of Prague, you have granted many miracles of healing to many people. Please heal this little girl who was abused. You have said “Let the children come to me.” You love all of your little children with infinite love. Indeed, you are Love! Now dear Infant Jesus of Prague, grant that this poor little girl would be healed of her wounds and that she would not suffer from any mental illness or other lasting consequences as a result of the horrible abuse that she endured. Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy name. Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven . Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us and lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hi Rebecca. I am so sorry to hear that these people said such cruel and heartless things about your daughter. :frowning: People can be so cruel and heartless sometimes. I want you to know that I prayed for your daughter before I even saw your post. If she has not yet completely healed, God will continue to heal her. I imagine she suffers from many psychological wounds from this horrendous abuse that she suffered from. As a victim of child abuse myself, I know that it often times does inflict horrible psychological wounds on a person. As for myself, I suffer from Borderline Personality Disorder and Major Depression which I believe is largely a result of the child abuse that I endured. I have forgiven my abusers and I have a good and stable relationship with one of them, my biological dad. The other, my former step-dad, I no longer see so I never have the opportunity to talk to him. However, if I did have such an opportunity, I know that I would try my best to treat him with charity. Please know that I am not judging you of being uncharitable towards your child’s abuser. I would never do such a thing. And besides, when a person suffers from such abuse or has a child who went through abuse, it is entirely understandable if that person does not hold the most charitable of thoughts toward the abuser. Believe me, I know that God understands. Of course, we should forgive our enemies since Christ forgave us. However, that does not mean that we have to like them! However, we should pray for them that they would repent of their sins and be brought into a state of grace. Not that this in any way, shape, or form justifies what happened to your daughter or to any victim of abuse but I think I have read somewhere once that abusers were often victims of abuse themselves at some time in the past. As I said though, that does not in any way, shape, or form justify or mitigate the seriousness of any abuse. Please know that I post this to you only in a spirit of utter charity. I do not wish to offend you in any way. If I have offended you, please do forgive me. It most certainly is not my attempt to offend or to hurt you in any way!

That said, depending on your child’s age, you might want to consider taking her to a therapist on a regular basis. She may need many years of therapy to try to overcome the psychological consequences of the horrendous abuse she suffered from. If you do this at an early age, it is probably more likely to make her have less problems later on in life.

Finally, I have a group here on Catholic Answers Forums that you might find to be helpful. It is a support group for victims of childhood physical, emotional, and verbal abuse. Anyone, including family members of the abused may be a member of this forum. All you have to do is go to the link that I am providing you with and sign up as a member. You don’t need to register a new name. You will be able to use your current user name. Because of the sensitive nature of this group and in order to respect the privacy of the members of this group, it is moderated and the messages in it are only viewable by members of the group. Also, in order to become a member, I as the moderator of the group must approve all membership requests. I promise you that if you apply to be a member of my group, I will approve your request. The link to the group is below:

forums.catholic.com/group.php?groupid=597

If you ever need to talk to someone, PM me or instant message me. My instant messenger information is available in my profile. I would love to be your friend and to provide you with support and encouragement in any difficult times or whatever you may encounter when it comes to your daughter.

God bless you and give you peace,
Holly

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.