Urgent Prayer Request For Cancer Test ...Need Prayers

hi everybody,

please can you all pray for me, i have an appointment tomorrow to go to a hospital appointment to check if there is a genetic link for breast cancer in my family cos other family members have had breast cancer and i may be having a mammogram done…im so petrified that i actually called the hospital up and cancelled, then half an hour later rang them up and got my appointment back…
please pray that there will be no genetic link of breast cancer, please pray that all tests and mammogram results will be clear and that i wont have any cancer…
please pray for my anxiety cos i feel so worried and afraid,
also please pray that somebody will drive me to the hospital (its several cities away and i cant drive, i am trying to organise a lift there but i havent got one confirmed yet)
please also pray for my throat, its really badly sore, it hurts to talk and swallow

thank you so much

May God grant you peace and hope, and that all will be well.
Dear Lord please be present to our sister in her anxiety.

Hail Mary, full of grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou amongst women, and
Blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God
Pray for us sinners,
Now and at the hour of our death,
Amen

My Mom had breast cancer.

I’ve made it a personally obligation to keep current on my yearly mammograms and Pap exams.

I once got behind and then got freaked out and then mentally it got harder and harder to make the appointment. I bailed on the exams for 2 years.

I’m not going down that road again. I schedule my Pap and mammo on the same day, 30 minutes between each other so it’s over and done with.

Prayers for you :slight_smile:

it is scary cos ive never had it done before…its so daunting

I will pray for you crystal waters. Please remember that when you walk through those doors to get your tests done and no matter the outcome…you are not alone; God is holding your hand. I will pray for good results and that your stress lessens. God Bless and Good Luck!:slight_smile:

thank you jakesmom, that was so lovely, i wanted to cry when i read that…god bless you

Crystal Waters,

My advice - put the past indecision behind you - just wipe that away - and then put yourself on a yearly exam schedule.

Today is a new day and those exams will help to protect you with early warning.

i never had the choice to get those exams before, im only getting it now because my doctor has referred me

Prayers coming your way…

thank you so much…i appreciate it:blush:

In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sanctum.

Hail Mary, Full of Grace! The Lord is with you.
Blessed are you among women and Blessed Is The Fruit of your womb, Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Queen of the Knights, pray for us!

Crystal I am praying for you.I understand how frightened you are I would be exactly the same it is natural. Please know you have many friends here who will be praying on your behalf that all will be well.A good way to look at it is get the test done then at least you will know whether there is anything needed to be done.I hope you get a lift ok if not is there hospital transport available? God bless xo

Lord I pray for Crystal who is so frightened for the fear of breast cancer.Please grant her the strength to get the test done and that she will be able to get a lift there and that the results will be good.Please guide all medical practitioners dealing with her to give the very best care and treatment and that they will have all the knowledge they need and skills to test crystal.Lord we pray thst crystal does not have cancer.Lord in Your mercy hear our prayers Amen

Praying hard for you. My wife has these yearly. It is a good thing to do.

***Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name; Thy kingdom come; Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

thank teresa, it really means alot that you and all the otheres on here all take time out of your day to pray for me and offer comforting words…i didnt have a lift planned and i was getting very worried about that because the hospital is 2 cities away, but thankfully everybodys prayers must be kicking in because i now have a lift there and also a back up lift incase the first one cant make it so that is a weight off my mind!

thanks so much!

Praying for you…

Had my first mamogram a few months ago: it was much easier and faster than I expected.

You do deserve major kudos for scheduling the appointment, and finding out if there is a genetic link. This is scary stuff: I’ve watched a few friends go through this. One discovered that she had the breast cancer gene and two others did not. The one who did have the gene was able to make informed decisions regarding her health and is much more comfortable knowing that she is proactive.

Just know that God will be with you as you do what is necessary to safeguard your health and life.

thank you so much catherine:)

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name; Thy kingdom come; Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.