Urgent Prayer Request from the ICRSS

This has appeared on the Institute’s American website- institute-christ-king.org/

URGENT PRAYER REQUEST

Please pray for Abbé Thibault Tantin, deacon of the Institute of Christ the King working in the Mission of Mayumba, Gabon (French Africa). He was in a very serious car accident with his father on Divine Mercy Sunday, April 15, 2007. He is in a coma and his condition is very critical; his father’s less critical. Your urgent prayers for Abbé Tantin, and his father,are deeply appreciated.

God reward you.

St. Francis de Sales, St. Thomas Aquanis, St. Benedict and Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception, pray for him.

Prayer for the Sick

Dear Jesus, Divine Physician and Healer of the sick, we turn to You in this time of illness. O dearest Comforter of the Troubled, alleviate our worry and sorrow with Your gentle love, and grant us the grace and strength to accept this burden. Dear God, we place our worries in Your hands. We place our sick under Your care and humbly asks that You restore Your servant to health again. Above all, grant us the grace to acknowledge Your holy will and know that what soever You do, You do for the love us. Amen.

Sorry to hear this. Yes I will pray for him and his father.

I will post any updates as I see them.

This is the second time someone from the ICRSS has been involved in a major car accident. Last year there was a priest who almost died and was only able to return to work at the Seminary just recently.

ALmighty God have mercy. Mother of our Lord please intercede:thumbsup:

I was at Mass this evening at the Shrine of Christ the King in Chicago. I was updated on Abbe Tantin’s condition.

He’s still in very serious condition. He came out of his coma on Monday but the doctors had to induce coma because of the severity of his head injuries. There is no fracture of the skull but he can’t sustain consciousness with his injuries.

Please continue to pray for Abbe Tantin.

Thanks for the update.

I mentioned there is a prayer thread for him on CAF and they were very pleased to hear it.

I get the impression it’s going to take a miracle for him to recover. We need to storm heaven with our prayers!

:gopray2:

I hear that the recovery of Father Mazzucchelli last February was nothing short of a miracle. Let us pray that God will grant the ICRSS another.

Just curious: was this before or after the liturgies of Divine Mercy? Because if it’s after, while it means one less seminarian for the ICRSS it could mean a new Saint for them…

I’m praying for his recovery nonetheless.

There is an update on the ICRSS website:

UPDATE: Please pray for Abbé Thibault Tantin, deacon of the Institute of Christ the King working in the Mission of Mayumba, Gabon (French Africa), who was in a very serious car accident with his father on Divine Mercy Sunday, April 15, 2007. Thankfully, he is out of the coma and his situation is improving, though still critical. His father, will have to undergo surgery. Thank you for your prayers. We also commend to your kind prayers the driver of the vehicle
and a parishioner who broke her hips in the accident.
God reward you.

Another update on the situation from the ICRSS

UPDATE: Please pray for the repose of the soul of Mr. Tantin, father of Abbé Thibault Tantin, deacon of the Institute of Christ the King working in the Mission of Mayumba, Gabon (French Africa). Mr. Tantin passed away today, April 24, following a serious car accident on April 15, in Gabon. R.I.P.
Please also continue praying for Abbé Tantin who is now in an induced coma, while the doctors monitor his general state, which is still stable and improving. We also commend to your kind prayers the driver of the vehicle and a parishioner who broke her hips in the accident.
God reward you.

I have offered some small prayers and will continue to do so.

:crossrc:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.