Urgent Prayers for Father to Be

My son is a recovering addict and after some time in a halfway house was doing better. However, today, my request is much like the first time I posted.

He has been unemployed, (supposed to start work next Monday), has a baby on the way (less than a month now), and his girlfriend is on bedrest due to labor begun too early. They have no money to pay this month’s bills.

She and I discovered today that he is lying again and WILL not be honest, even when faced with the truth. I know relapse is part of recovery, but the honesty thing is the worst. How do we go forward when he can’t or won’t acknowledge the truth. My heart is breaking.

Please pray for my son, his girlfriend, the baby and even me. May the Holy Spirit guide me in how I react to this. Thank you all so much for your prayers. God bless you.

:frowning: :blessyou:

my prayers are with you and your family

Dear Heavenly Father was ask for strength and healing for son, as he tries to recover from his addiction, realizing he has family who loves and needs him, and a new life to care for. We ask this in Your name. Amen

Blessings

Praying with you… for the Holy Spirit to touch all hearts and bring much needed healing to your family and his girlfriend. It is so hard to see our children suffering from addictions. Praying a wall of protection also around each of you including that little one to be.

Praying for your intentions…

:byzsoc:prayers…:byzsoc:

Praying hard!

:blessyou:

After I posted this I was so distressed that I went to the nearest Catholic church at lunch. I was not familiar with the church and found a statue of the Sacred Heart in a beautiful little alcove. I lit a candle, knelt in prayer. As I arose, I turned to leave and saw a picture on the left that I had missed as I entered, which is strange as it was just above the candles. I guess that says how preoccupied I was. It was a picture of Jesus, with a softer expression and at the bottom it said simply, “I trust You Jesus”. Praise God that I am led and shown where to be when I need to be there to ground myself again. I can’t fix my son, but I can fix myself. Your prayers are part of what helps make that possible and I am deeply grateful. God bless you all.

Sandra,

i will pray for you and your family. i am sorry that you all are going through this. Have hope that God will know what to do. Rest in Him and be at peace.

Chyna:crossrc:

I will pray for you all. Keep up your courage-Jesus is right next to you as you carry your cross-keep praying for everyone involved-pray for courage and strength. Gail

Sandra, I’ll keep your son in my daily prayers. :gopray:

Praise God that I am led and shown where to be when I need to be there to ground myself again. I can’t fix my son, but I can fix myself. Your prayers are part of what helps make that possible and I am deeply grateful. God bless you all.

A true and beautiful observation that you can indeed with God’s Grace ground yourself in Peace and trust - and I know not easy under the circumstances. It will be a daily walk of trust and a new renewal daily in Peaceful trust. May Grace prevail and ever support and guide you in the Holy Spirit. Keeping you and your son and all involved in daily prayer…

God’s many blessings and consolation and support…
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_14_5.gifJMJ

While he is there ask to confront him with a counselor present. I will pray for him and for his wife, and you too.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.