Urgent Prayers needed for a despairing relative

Dear Freinds,

I ask you to please offer up your prayers for a relative of mine who suffered a major loss yesterday. He has worked his heart out (2 years) on a major project that would have opened the door for a new vocation. He has absolutely lost all Faith and hope in God. He is about to lose his family, and eveything he has ever worked for. I have helped him along his way and I feel for him and know what this loss can do to him. After speaking to him yesterday, he tells me that he has no greater enemy than the one who he spent hours before the Tabernacle in deep prayer. His condition had dried me from tears as he has lost everything he worked for. I am as confused as he is, as to why God could abandon him in the most crucial moment. I remember how happy he was throughout the year, he would tell me that he feels that God has blessed his work. Despite the effort and long hours he put in to it, he was so confident that God had given him many signs that he would not fail. He even believes that every advancement was a blessing. Now, he is a competely different person, it isn’t his future that he could well lose, it is his family, friends and most importantly his Faith. He regards himself as an utter failure in the eyes of God and not worthy of his love anymore. He does not see the point of living anymore, especially when all his efforts are crashing down to his feet. There is one faint oppurtunity remaining in a few weeks time and he is hoping for a miracle, otherwise he must start all over from scratch. He is one of the most God fearing and pleasing person that I have ever seen. I am as clueless as he is, as to why all this is happening. I’m trying my best to support him, but nothing seems to bring any hope. :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

It saddens me to see him in that state, he feels completely abandoned by God whom he placed all his trust and hope in , only to be abandoned.

Please keep him in your prayers, that the Lord may lift him up, guide him in his direction, restore what was lost, grant him the miracle he is seeking and most importantly, to remain close to our Lord.

God our loving Father, who taught us that a laborer deserves his due. You desire only what is good for your people and worthy unto their salvation. You taught us through your Son that your presence is most found in our weakness,when all seems lost and where despair hovers above hope. Grant Oh Lord, we beseech you for the sake of this person and his loved ones, that he may obtain the rewards of his efforts and labor and to feel his immeasurable worth in your eyes. Protect him Lord, and do not allow his efforts to be in vain, nor forskae him in this moment, but grant him the grace he needs to open his heart to your graces, to submit himself to your will and to know that you have something special awaiting him. Surround him with your eternal love and lift up his wounded dignity. Protect his family who share in his saddness and grant that he may obtain from your loving hand the miracle he seeks, so that he may delight in your presence and be rewarded in your companionship. Amen.

Praying for your relative!

O merciful Lord please hear our prayers

When one door closes and window opens. I am confused as to why he will lose his family? Whatever he endeavored to do must of taken a toll on the family or did not include them. If this is so, then I don’t know how God would have approved of this. Your relative should take comfort for such a thing happened to me. I don’t know though what I would of done if my husband left me. He was by my side.
Your relative should not see this as a failure. There was something in this plan of his that didn’t quite fit. Tell him to reexamine where he went wrong; take everything into consideration. Were there people who messed it up, either deliberately or by mistake. It may not be God you should put the blame. And if it is God, He has a reason. This may not be the end of something he started but he must listen attentively to God and see what he must do. In times of despair, the Lord tests us; if we lose faith we lose everything.
I will pray that the Lord helps your relative, but in turn your relative must be open to receive the Lord’s blessings as well as the suffering.
God Bless

I do not know what has happened but I will pray that your relative will understand and maintain his Faith…

Our Father, Who art in heaven
Hallowed be Thy Name;
Thy kingdom come,
Thy will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Praying hard.

:crossrc: Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion - inexhaustible, look kindly upon us and increase your mercy in us, that in difficult moments we might not despair nor become despondent, but with great confidence submit ourselves to your holy will, which is love and mercy itself, Amen.
(optional closing prayer of the chaplet of Divine Mercy)

God doesn’t promise us a life without troubles, He only promises us that He will remain with us through everything. Hopefully all the time your relative has spent with Jesus in adoration will strengthen him for these trials and will help him remember that he is loved no matter what.

Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion - inexhaustible,
look kindly upon us and increase Your mercy in us, that in difficult moments we might not despair nor become despondent, but with great confidence submit ourselves to Your holy will, which is love and mercy itself .

Lord, you are not abandoning LumenGent’s friend but are letting him be tested in faith. Help him to prove his love for you by remaining faithful even when all seems lost. Do not let him lose his faith; help him to trust in you even though he feels confused. Grant that he will not lose everything he has worked for, but if it is your will that he suffers a great loss, at least help him to keep loving you and help him to remain in a state of grace. Draw him closer to Your Sacred Heart and to his family, and do not let this trial cause him to lose his faith or family. Thank you, Lord, for hearing my prayer.

Praying for your relative …

I will add your relative to my rosary intentions. I pray that he may come through this crisis and turn back to God, no matter what God’s will is for him. Remember what Job suffered through!

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is
the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners
now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

There was a saint (I forget which one now) who was writing a spiritual book. The convent burned down, destroying the entire manuscript. The book was totally lost. The saint’s spiritual director or superior told her that if the book was truly from the Holy Spirit, that she should write the same book over again, from scratch, and that the words would come. And so she did.

I can relate to your relative from personal experience as well, though some of the details are indeed different. And in fact it was Our Eucharistic Lord
who gave me direction at that time in my life.

Praying that your relative does not give up
but rather glorifies God by seeking
and doing His Will.

Hail Mary full of grace the Lord is with thee
blessed art thou among women and
blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus
Holy Mary mother of God pray for us
sinners now and at the hour of our death
Amen.

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

Update: Things are slightly improving, albeit not much. I have been praying the same way you have, and I think it naturally takes a while to recover from a big loss. The main focus is having to avoid to start all over from scratch, so I pray along with you all that this isn’t the case.

praying for your friend

Jesus, one of Your twelve literally sold you, the rest ran off and abandoned You to arrest, judgement, torture, and execution. These were the twelve who had been Your constant companions, who had seen You exemplify love and kindness, seen You heal and drive out evil spirits, heard all Your wise teaching…only John returned. How must You have felt! Humanly, all was lost. You know how that feels.

This man now feels all has been for nothing, and he is in danger of losing those he has loved and worked for, but inspire him not to lose hope, but to trust and pray and find a new and good way to continue with You, his crucified and risen Lord

Hail Mary full of Grace, The Lord is With You. Blessed are You among women and Blessed is The Fruit of Your Womb, Jesus. Holy Mary Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death, Amen.

Lord have Mercy

Lord, hear our prayers

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.