Urgent prayers needed for my grandfather who is dying of leukemia

my family and I urgently need your prayers. My grandfather is dying from leukemia and the doctors say he won’t live much longer so his death is imminent and my family is currently going to New York to say a final goodbye. My grandfather is a good man he adopted my brother and I and treated us like his own. Genetics aside he is my grandfather I don’t care what the genetics say he is a good grandfather a kind hearted man and we love him very much.

Praying that the peace of our Lord Jesus be with you.

Aydan, I will remember your grandfather as I pray the chaplet of Divine Mercy today.

Father, your Son accepted our sufferings to teach us the virtue of patience in human illness. Hear the prayers we offer for our sick brother. May all who suffer pain, illness or disease realize that they are chosen to be saints, and know that they are joined to Christ in his suffering for the salvation of the world, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, One God, for ever and ever. Amen

***† JMJTJ †

You and your loved ones will be in my prayers in this trying time.***
***May Christ be your strength and peace, and may he have a peaceful death.

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, so that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen*

***God bless you † ***

Father in Jesus’ name please be with this generous father and grandfather as he lives his last days. Please give comfort and support to his loving family.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Praying for your beloved grandfather and for you and you family…

Thank you so much everyone your prayers mean so much to my family and I. I got an update on my grandfather last night my grandmother says he’s in good spirits. The doctors are doing everything they can to make him comfortable in the time he has left. My cousin returns today from his second tour in Iraq and he is home for good so my grandfather will be able to spend time with him as well. Most of all my family just wants to celebrate his life and the many blessings he has given us. Most of all I’m thankful to God that he allowed this wonderful man into our lives.

Praying For Your Grandfather ,you And Your Family.
Grandma Glor

My prayers are with you and all your family, Ayden!

Hail Mary, full of grace, the lord is with thee
Blessed art thou among women, and blessed
Is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
Pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death, Amen.

O Mary, conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee!

For the sake of His sorrowful passion, have mercy on Aydan’s grandfather and on the whole world. :gopray:

Praying very hard for him!

Prayers promised

sorry I haven’t updated lately but my grandfather’s condition has been extremely fluid lately first they said he had days left and then weeks and then tried different treatment. I found out tonight that for right now his health is good enough that he doesn’t require hospice care at the moment. My grandmother is still very sick but we are grateful for everyday he is well enough to spend time with us and we are very grateful to those of you who have been praying for us and hope he will continue to do so. We are thankful to God for the many blessings he is given to us and most of all we would like to thank everyone who is praying for us.

Thank you for sharing this encouraging good news …
Praise the Lord! :slight_smile:
Continued prayers.
:gopray:

thank you Phoenix for your continued support and prayers this is certainly not a cure but nevertheless we are still thankful for each day we can spend with him.

LORD Jesus
Heal Ur Son

Jesus Mary Joseph

Thanks for updating us, Aydan. :slight_smile: I will keep you and your family in my prayers!

May God Bless you!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.