Urgent Prayers Needed For My Uncle Joe

I got this in an email from my Aunt Lillie, last night, concerning my Uncle Joe, her and my mother’s brother. Please pray for him and his family right now.

Joe has had a stroke and it seems to have affected his muscle strength. The tests that he has had showed that he has an infection in the mycral valve (not sure if this is right anyway it starts with an M) in his heart. They are treating him with antibiotics for that and to get the swelling down in his brain. If the antibiotics don’t help the infection, he might have to have surgery.

Aunt Nina, his wife, said he has been answering questions and trying to make jokes. He told the doctor they had a three story house and he lived on the second floor. Nina said no we don’t, you go up the steps to the first floor and we live on the first floor.

When asked if they had a ramp, he said yes because we have two handicapped boys and we use the ramp for them. When asked if he uses the ramp, he said yes. He uses the ramp when he walks up.

He is going to have to have some rehab and then the doctors were asking about help, and Nina said she and the family would work something out.

I didn’t hear anything further until this evening. It seems that Joe is not doing very well. He has been sleeping, or possibly in a coma since midnight last night. They haven’t been able to revive him. Nina said they were even beating on him trying to get him to respond. This evening they were going to do another MRI on his brain I think. And there is talk about surgery on the heart.

Aunt Theresa and Aunt Margaret, his sisters,were at the hospital today, and Uncle Edwin and Uncle Paul, his brothers, were going to try to go see him this evening. Nina said they might not be able to see him if they are doing the testing.

Yes, we all need to pray for him.

Lord God, heavenly Father we ask that you touch Joe with your healing touch. We ask that you remove any blockages to his responding. We also ask that your blood that Joe received in Holy Communion course to every cell of his body, and especially his heart and brain. Lord we ask that your will be done in Joe. Bless Nina and all their family with your comfort and peace. We also come against any spirit of fear that may be in the hospital room right now. We bind it and tell it to be gone in the Name of Jesus and to go to the nearest Catholic Church tabernacle for Jesus to do away with. And also, we come against the spirit of death and bind it and tell it to leave Joe’s room and go to the nearest Catholic Church tabernacle for Jesus to deal with, without any harm to any else in passing. Lord God, you know how Joe loved you and tried to do your will. We also ask for your forgiveness of any of his sins for which he should repent. We ask again that you bless him with your healing, your peace, your joy in the wonderful Name of Jesus Christ. And we ask that the Holy Spirit seal the empty places and fill it so the spirits can not come back. We ask all of this in Jesus name. Glory be to the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit as it was in the beginning is now and forever, amen.

Merciful God, please heal Joe and comfort and uplift all those who suffer as a result of this trial. Unite their cries with Yours on the Cross. Mary, pray with us. Amen. :gopray2:

Lord hear our prayers for Joe’s healing.

You sound like a very devout person. I am sure that God will hear you!

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name. Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day, our daily bread, and forgive us or tresspasses, as we forgive those who tresspass against us, and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil, Amen. :byzsoc:

LORD Jesus
Heal ur Son

Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name. Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil, Amen.
Help Joe recover and serve you, Lord.

:amen::console: may God be with you always, Gigglin.

Lord, you are with Joe, even while he is in his coma. Keep him close to you; keep him faithful and true and never let him be separated from you. I pray that he soon wakes up from his coma and returns to health. Please grant him a complete recovery, Lord. Thank you, Jesus, for hearing my prayer. Amen.

For your intentions

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come;
thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread;
and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

Lord Jesus, hear our prayers for Joe. Amen

St. Joseph, pray for us

Lord God, heavenly Father we ask that you touch Joe with your healing touch. We ask that you remove any blockages to his responding. We also ask that your blood that Joe received in Holy Communion course to every cell of his body, and especially his heart and brain. Lord we ask that your will be done in Joe. Bless Nina and all their family with your comfort and peace. We also come against any spirit of fear that may be in the hospital room right now. We bind it and tell it to be gone in the Name of Jesus and to go to the nearest Catholic Church tabernacle for Jesus to do away with. And also, we come against the spirit of death and bind it and tell it to leave Joe’s room and go to the nearest Catholic Church tabernacle for Jesus to deal with, without any harm to any else in passing. Lord God, you know how Joe loved you and tried to do your will. We also ask for your forgiveness of any of his sins for which he should repent. We ask again that you bless him with your healing, your peace, your joy in the wonderful Name of Jesus Christ. And we ask that the Holy Spirit seal the empty places and fill it so the spirits can not come back. We ask all of this in Jesus name. Glory be to the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit as it was in the beginning is now and forever, amen.

Update on Uncle Joes condition. I got it this morning from my Aunt Lillie who is my moms sister as well as my Uncle Joe’s sister. Please continue to pray for him and his family.

Joe has continued to sleep. He is scheduled to have heart surgery some time tomorrow. The surgeon will go in through the chest because it will be faster and Joe’s blood is so thin. He will clean the area around the mytral valve and check the valve to see if it is okay. If not, he will replace it while he is in there.

From my understanding, the infection around Joe’s heart is getting into his blood stream and causing the strokes. My prayer continues to be that Jesus whom Joe received in Holy Communion, in the body and blood of Jesus Christ continue to flow through his blood stream removing any infection or obstructions to his healing. Also, if there are any areas of unforgiveness in Joe that the sacrament of the sick which he received yesterday, remove and replace that unforgiveness with forgiveness, love, peace and Joy in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Fr. Phi came to the hospital yesterday afternoon and gave him the sacrament of the sick. Joe was moving his legs and seemed to be trying to respond. Before he was even through praying we were asked to finish up because they had to do a chest x-ray. About 7:00 p.m. I talked to Nina and she told me that the surgeon had decided to do the surgery on Friday. He said that he was Catholic and had been an altar boy. He asked Nina if he could pray with her. She said by all means. She said she thought he would do the Our Father, Hail Mary, etc, but no, he went into a beautiful prayer for healing for Joe. He then said he did believe in miracles and if he found that Joe was responding today, he would not have to do the surgery. Even so, I think a miracle was done because originally the doctors told Nina that the surgery would not be done for probably 3 weeks.

For the past 2 days, he’s been in a deep ‘sleep’ where he yawns and moves a bit, but is still completely unresponsive. They said he opens his eyes but his eyes appear glazed over when he does. They are not calling it a coma. At this point, that’s about all there is to report— they don’t really know much regarding his prognosis.

Aunt Nina said that the doctors said this hospital stay could be quite long, so she is considering going home tonight to rest after visiting hours end at 9pm. She said the kids are taking it as well as possible, maybe Matt taking it the hardest. Stephanie has continued back to her classes, and Monica is currently sick with the flu. Vincent and Patrick who were born with hydrosepholise (sp?)are being cared for by hired caretakers at their home and are doing fine.
So, everyone, please pray for Uncle Joe’s recovery. Pray for the heart infection to resolve fully and quickly, and for the brain to heal from the swelling. Pray for an end to the mini-strokes, and for no major strokes to occur. Pray for his eyes to open and his mind to be clear. Pray for his wife Nina, and for their 5 children and young grandbaby to stay strong through this heartbreaking hospital stay.

Amen.

I will pray the rosary for him and his family today.

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be,
world without end.
Amen.

Here is another update on Uncle Joe from my Aunt Lillie, his and my moms brother.

"It may be an answer to many of our prayers. The surgery scheduled for tomorrow has been postponed for now. They have decided to do some more tests. The TEE on the heart which was a scope down Joe’s throat to look at the valve, etc. And then there will be another MRI to compare the stroke pattern from Tuesday to the present.

Anyway, you all please continue to pray for Joe because he is still snoozing and is not out of the woods by any means, but that doesn’t mean that when they check they won’t see improvement all around – a miracle in process you might say!!

Thanks be to God for all he has done and is doing for Joe and all of us. I am still waiting to receive a major miracle on this."

Please continue your prayers for Uncle Joe, Aunt Nina, Vincent, Patrick, Matthew, Stephanie, Monica, and their grandchild.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners, now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Glory to God in the highest and peace to His people on earth Lord God, Heavenly King, Almighty God and Father We worship You, We give You thanks We praise You for Your glory Lord Jesus Christ, only Son of the Father Lord God, Lamb of God You take away the sins of the world Lord, have mercy on us You are seated at the right hand of the Father Receive our prayer For You alone are the Holy One For You alone are the Lord For You alone are the Most High Jesus Christ With the Holy Spirit In the glory of God the Father
Amen

For your intentions

Our Father, who art in heaven,
hallowed be thy name;
thy kingdom come;
thy will be done
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread;
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners,
now, and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Glory be to the Father,
and to the Son,
and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning,
is now, and ever shall be,
world without end. Amen.

Lord Jesus, hear our prayers for Joe and his family as well as Gigglin4God. Amen

St. Joseph, pray for us!

Continued prayers.

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be,
world without end.
Amen.

Praying hard for his recovery.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.