Urgent request for prayers!

Everyone,

YOu are all such wonderful people, and so supportive. I have posted requests for prayer recently in various parts of the forums, and am sure you have responded. But I must ask yet again. I am in the throes of an anxiety attack, brought on by a phobia being triggered two nights ago when my baby came down with a tummy bug. Hubby now has a mild version of it, baby still is having diarrhea. My deep, deep fears are still rearing their ugly heads. Last night I went to confession after mass, and asked father to pray for me at the end, explaining my problem. He invited me behind the screen, held my hands, and we prayed together. Then he laid his hand on my head and prayed some more. Oh, my goodness, how that moved me! What greater way to show Christ’s love! Anyway, I am still dealing with this, going back and forth between hour-long crying jags and holding it together. I have to get it together, I can’t let my girls see me out of control and childlike like this. I revert to a childlike state, in need of someone to ‘take over’, and 'take care of ME". I’ve been through counseling in the past, and will return again (hoepfully this week). My support system (hubby, sister, best friend) do their best, but each of them is either ill or taking care of someone else right now. When I get like this, I daydream of building a huge compound of connected homes where all my loved ones can live together. Sort of a modern version of the not-so-ancient extended family model. I know I must sound like a kook. When I am not like this, you’d be amazed at what a together, responsible person I am. Seeing me like this would blow my co-workers away.

I am so sorry to blither, but I am so desperate for prayers, strong and lots of them! I love you all and am so grateful to God for these forums and all you wonderful people. In spite of my state, I do pray for all of you as well.

Thank you so much in advance.

Mummybee:crying: :gopray: :love:

Mummy, have you thought of meds?
I was on them for 3 years and they worked for me. I will warn you though, they are not without side effects:lack of sex drive, ability to orgasm, weight gain, and constipation to name a few. However for me, the side effects were nothing compared to what was happening to me mentally.
I know folks maybe shocked by this suggestion, however there are times when medications DO help. First speak with your family doctor and go from there.
I will pray for you.

Also, this is a good message board with a Dr. moderating it:
boards.webmd.com/topic.asp?topic_id=134

Dear Mummybee,
I have to wonder if this is all just a coincidence or is God calling you out of this living nightmare now that you have all this prayer support? By the way, I don’t believe in coincidence. We’ll be praying for you here at our house. Have faith! God rewards those who have faith, you know.

[quote=Mummybee]Everyone,

YOu are all such wonderful people, and so supportive. I have posted requests for prayer recently in various parts of the forums, and am sure you have responded. But I must ask yet again. I am in the throes of an anxiety attack, brought on by a phobia being triggered two nights ago when my baby came down with a tummy bug. Hubby now has a mild version of it, baby still is having diarrhea. My deep, deep fears are still rearing their ugly heads. Last night I went to confession after mass, and asked father to pray for me at the end, explaining my problem. He invited me behind the screen, held my hands, and we prayed together. Then he laid his hand on my head and prayed some more. Oh, my goodness, how that moved me! What greater way to show Christ’s love! Anyway, I am still dealing with this, going back and forth between hour-long crying jags and holding it together. I have to get it together, I can’t let my girls see me out of control and childlike like this. I revert to a childlike state, in need of someone to ‘take over’, and 'take care of ME". I’ve been through counseling in the past, and will return again (hoepfully this week). My support system (hubby, sister, best friend) do their best, but each of them is either ill or taking care of someone else right now. When I get like this, I daydream of building a huge compound of connected homes where all my loved ones can live together. Sort of a modern version of the not-so-ancient extended family model. I know I must sound like a kook. When I am not like this, you’d be amazed at what a together, responsible person I am. Seeing me like this would blow my co-workers away.

I am so sorry to blither, but I am so desperate for prayers, strong and lots of them! I love you all and am so grateful to God for these forums and all you wonderful people. In spite of my state, I do pray for all of you as well.

Thank you so much in advance.

Mummybee:crying: :gopray: :love:
[/quote]

[quote=Lilyofthevalley]Mummy, have you thought of meds?
I was on them for 3 years and they worked for me. I will warn you though, they are not without side effects:lack of sex drive, ability to orgasm, weight gain, and constipation to name a few. However for me, the side effects were nothing compared to what was happening to me mentally.
I know folks maybe shocked by this suggestion, however there are times when medications DO help. First speak with your family doctor and go from there.
I will pray for you.

Also, this is a good message board with a Dr. moderating it:
boards.webmd.com/topic.asp?topic_id=134
[/quote]

Lily,

Yes, I currently take paxil, and have for about 2 years. I started at 20 mg, then went down to 10 mg when I got pregnant. Stayed at 10 mg until the last few weeks (baby is now 1), when I went back up to 20 (anxiety was creeping up, so I decided to go up proactively). Yesterday I took 30 mg. I know know to mess with the dosage too much, and only did it gradually. My Dr. said it was safe, just don’t go off it cold turkey.

THe meds help me on a day to day basis, but when something triggers the phobia (the anxiety/depression follow immediately afterward) they really don’t help at all. I’ve gone through EMDR therapy, but quit before it was complete. I hope to go back to it soon, like this week.

Thanks for the suggestion. I should probably see my PCP, too. It doesn’t help that my new insurance cards haven’t come…(small sob)…

Thanks for your prayers!!!

MummyBee, I am sorry you are experiencing this right now. :frowning:

thank you both so much. i am struggling to embrace this cross. i can feel the result of your prayers already. please keep them coming!!!

much love and prayers back to you both.

Trust in GOD, everything will be fine

You will be in my prayers

[quote=Elena]Trust in GOD, everything will be fine

You will be in my prayers
[/quote]

thank you! and i will say a prayer of thanksgiving for you. :slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.