Urgent request: friend of a friend...terrible accident

There was a terrible car accident where a mother was in a car wreck with her two daughters. The older daughter, aged 17, died at the scene of the accident. The younger daughter, aged 13, suffered a stroke and has severe brain damage and isn’t expected to live long. There is an older daughter (college age), a brother, and father who were not in the car wreck but are either at he hospital or will be soon. I believe the mother is not as severely injured.

Thanks for any prayers.

Lord have mercy on the remaining members of this family to help them through this dreadful tragedy.
Mother Mary I implore your maternal intercession for them in the days, weeks, and years to come.
Lord have mercy on the souls of the dead daughter and her critically injured sister.

And God protect the poor mother’s mind as well.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Lord we ask that you wrap your loving arms around this family. Keep them strong emotionally and in faith.

Our Father, Who art in heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit. As it was in the beginning is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

Praying for these individuals today.
:gopray2:

REMEMBER, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thy intercession was left unaided. Inspired with this confidence, I fly to thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother; to thee do I come; before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me. Amen.

Most Merciful, I trust in You.

Our father who art in heaven
Hallowed be your name
Your kingdom come
Your will be done
On earth as it is in heaven
Give us this day our daily bread
And forgive us our trespasses
As we forgive those who trespass against us
Lead us not into temptation
But deliver us from evil
Amen.
:crossrc:

Thank you much for the prayers. I have learned some of the names of the individuals involved here. Please see the attached blog:

thekarths.com/blog/2013/5/5/loss

Today, I found that it can only get worse, as we learned that Samuel’s mother, Marianne, who was driving with her 3 youngest through Georgia, was in a severe wreck on the Interstate.
Sam’s sister, Annaleah, was killed. At age 17.
His mother is in ICU, with a cracked rib, multiple lacerations, a skull injury, and a concussion. His brother Caleb, age 15, is at the same hospital, with a concussion, but doing fine. He has no recollection of the accident.

His sister Mary, age 13 (the youngest in the family), is at another hospital (60 miles away), having suffered a stroke, in critical condition, and with severe facial lacerations, that will require plastic surgery.

They were driving from NC to TX for Sam’s oldest sister Rebekah’s wedding, next Saturday. Sam’s dad is alone in NC, planning on driving to GA in the morning. And we are going to get Sam on a plane to fly to GA Sunday afternoon.

Your prayers are greatly appreciated in this time of loss and suffering.

Praying my heart out for them.

I just said a prayer for this family. God bless you.

I have received an update regarding those involved in the accident:

Mary (age 13) is on life support, but without brain activity.

Caleb (15) only had a mild concussion and has been released from the hospital. He is with Samuel, and his dad.

[Dot]'s mom, Marianne, is actually doing well. Still in ICU, but eating, sitting up. She is expected to be released from the hospital on Thursday.

The plan for today was Sam & Jerry (Dad) were going to identify and claim AnnaLeah’s body, then head to Mary’s hospital.

Praying for Annaleah, and for divine solace and healing for her family…

**[FONT=Verdana]+
**[/FONT]

Eternal rest grant unto Annaleah, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon her. May the souls of the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen

O Most beautiful Flower of Mount Carmel, Fruitful Vine, Splendor of Heaven, who brought forth the Son of God, still remaining a Virgin,
assist [FONT=Verdana]us in this necessity. O Star of the Sea, help us, and show us
that you are our Mother.

O Holy Mary, Mother of God, Queen of Heaven and earth, I humbly ask you from the depths of my heart to help us in this necessity. There are none who can withstand your power. O show us that you are our Mother.

O Mary conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to you.[/FONT]

Sweet Mother, I place this cause in your hands. Amen

Another update. The 13 year old (named Mary) has died.

Continued prayers appreciated.

Thanks!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.