Urgent: Someone might kill themselves today

PLEASE pray for a friend of my friend (not little one’s friend although you could pray for her too) my friend says she says shes going to kill herself today
Please pray, i have limited information as she doesnt want to tell me but please pray!

Dear Lord be her protector and defender in this time of trouble. Surround her with the Holy Angels, so that she may emerge from every danger in the fullness of health and well being. Guide her life journey, so she will always walk safely together with you, in God’s protection and friendship.
Amen.

O loving messenger of the Incarnation, descend upon all those for whom I wish peace and happiness. Spread your wings over the cradles of the new-born babes, O thou who didst announce the coming of the Infant Jesus.
Give to the young a lily petal from the virginal scepter in your hand. Cause the Ave Maria to re-echo in all hearts that they may find grace and joy through Mary.

Finally, recall the sublime words spoken on the day of the Annunciation-- “Nothing is impossible with God,” and repeat them in hours of trial–to all I love–that their confidence in Our Lord may be reanimated, when all human help fails.
Amen.

Watch, O Lord, with those who wake, or watch, or weep tonight, and give Your angels and saints charge over those who sleep.
Tend Your sick ones, O Lord Christ.
Rest Your weary ones.
Bless Your dying ones.
Soothe Your suffering ones.
Pity Your afflicted ones.
Shield Your joyous ones, and all for Your love’s sake.
Amen.

:signofcross:

Usually women are less effective in suicide attempts and generally do it to call attention. But I would take it very seriously, if she is your friend, she must confide in you, she does not seem able to solve herproblems. I would take every measure possible within your location possibilities for it is a serious case.

tell your friend to call a suicide hotline

suicidepreventionlifeline.org/

this is a serious issue, it’s important to pray but it is also important to take action.

Paul Infirdigno- I know you stated in your previous thread that your friend is from England and you’re from America but perhaps you can contact these toll free numbers or/and check out these websites yourself maybe someone can help you.

In the meantime, I will keep you and your friend in my Prayers

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle; be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do thou, O prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into hell Satan and all evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen

O God, we humbly beseech You, through Your servant, St. Dymphna, who sealed with her blood the love she bore for You, to grant relief to those who suffer from mental afflictions and nervous disorders, especially (name it). Paul's friend.

St. Dymphna, helper of the mentally afflicted, pray for us.

Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Ghost as it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

Amen

Praying hard for your friend.

Praying!!!:gopray:

The minute your friend said she INTENDS to kill herself, you should call 911 and report her name, address and phone. IMMEDIATELY. Or the equivalent of 911 over there, somehow get to an emergency call center.

It is now some time since your original post. If this situation is still unclear as to what she might do, call emergency as I said above, now. You are not reporting a crime, so don’t hesitate. Simply tell them you have a friend who said she intends to kill herself today and give them all info to get an ambulance to her before she does. There are authorities who know how to manage this kind of crisis and you are not one of them, so that is the most responsible thing. Prayer is fine, but it does not put out fires, for that we call the Fire Dept.

The suicidal person should not be left alone for a second, if there’s a family member you can reach that is near her, they should go to her place right away. If she still expresses a desire to end her life, do not leave her until an ambulance comes or someone takes her to the hospital emergency room.

The first part of this statement is questionable; the second part is false. All the dead women I know who died by their own hands, and there are several, certainly did get attention. Please do not make such an irresponsible statement that belittles the seriousness of suicide or even the impulse toward it. Thank you.

Praying … and entrusting your friend’s friend to the caring protection of Our Lady:

We take refuge under thy protection, holy Mother of God; do not despise our prayers for this person in time of necessity, but free her from all dangers, O blessed and glorious Virgin. Amen.

Jesus, King of Mercy. We trust in You!

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women and
blessed is the Fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of Gog, pray for us sinners
now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

I hope I didn’t find this to late…
I am praying hard!
:crossrc::gopray2::highprayer:

Praying my heart out.

Continued prayers for your friend.

I totally agree. Paul Infirdigno this reminds me of a story I read in Reader’s Digest you can actually read it here:

rdasia.com/red_alert

Please do all you can to help your friend, contact someone, your friend needs help, please.

In the meantime, we are Praying for your friend and for you.

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle; be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do thou, O prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into hell Satan and all evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen

O God, we humbly beseech You, through Your servant, St. Dymphna, who sealed with her blood the love she bore for You, to grant relief to those who suffer from mental afflictions and nervous disorders, especially (name it). Paul's friend.

Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Ghost as it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

Praying. :gopray:

Thank you for your prayers,

1. i dont know if its a male or female
  2. i dont know who she/he is as its not the friend i stated on my previous thread its a diffrent one its my friends friend whom i may or may not know, so i cant give her/him hotlines websites or advise.

i dont know what happened exacly but my friend will tell me when i can talk to her (hopefully)

i havent gotten any new info but i will update you guys when i do,

New News: yesterday my friend cheered her up and she say this thread, so please keep praying

Sorry for the misunderstanding and thank you for clearing things up.

I will keep this person, your friend, and all people who are suicidal in my Prayers.

A Prayer for those who are suicidal 

[youtube.com/watch?v=7S-DRwyQB9M](http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7S-DRwyQB9M)

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.