US Bishop Changes: Fairbanks, Saint Cloud, San Diego

In recent days the Holy See has announced the following decisions of Pope Francis:

On 18 September, Bishop Robert Henry Brom retired and Bishop Cirilo Flores succeeded as Bishop of San Diego, California.

Bishop Flores had been serving as Coadjutor Bishop of the same diocese.

On 20 September, Bishop John Francis Kinney retired and Bishop Donald Joseph Kettler was named Bishop of Saint Cloud, Minnesota.

Bishop Kettler had been serving as Bishop of Fairbanks, Alaska.

Archbishop Roger Lawrence Schwietz, O.M.I. was named Apostolic Administrator of Fairbanks, Alaska while remaining Archbishop of Anchorage.

I live about 30 minutes from St. Cloud, kinda close to its border with the Minneapolis Archdiocese. I might go check out the new bishop’s Installation Mass whenever it is.

News to me! Bishop Brom always preferred to stay out of the spotlight. Well done :tiphat:

Well there was that unfortunate case of the teacher and the domestic abuser… but yes, he tried to stay out of the spotlight.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.