US Bishop Changes: Hartford and Passaic

This morning the Holy See announced the decision of Pope Francis to name Archbishop-designate Leonard Paul Blair as Archbishop of Hartford, Connecticut, USA.

Archbishop-designate Blair had been serving as Bishop of Toledo, Ohio. He replaces Archbishop Henry Joseph Mansell who has retired.

Bishop-elect Kurt R. Burnette was named the new Bishop of Passaic (Ruthenian), New Jersey, USA.

It’s fascinating to see people not of that heritage, like Lebanese for Maronite or Slavic for Ruthenian, be priests in that eparchy. I wonder if Burnette can speak the language of the rite.

Archbishop Henry Joseph Mansell is one of the strongest and finest Bishops of the Catholic Church. May Our Lord Jesus reward him abundantly for his service. I wish he enjoys his retirement years.

http://www.archdioceseofhartford.org/images/abmansell99.jpg

“His master replied, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master’s happiness!’”

Bishop Burnette has been a Ruthenian priest since 1988.

Bishop Blair is a good solid guy.

Yes, I certainly agree.

I agree, I knew him when he was an auxiliary bishop in Detroit

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.