US election: Clinton calls half of Trump supporters 'deplorables'

US Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton has called half of Donald Trump’s supporters a “basket of deplorables”.
Speaking at a fundraiser, she said they were “racist, sexist, xenophobic, Islamophobic - you name it”.
She then went on to say the rest of the Republican nominee’s supporters were “just desperate for change”.

bbc.co.uk/news/election-us-2016-37327156

So Trump supporters are a “basket of deplorables”.- racist, sexist, xenophobic, Islamophobic - you name it"

It is sad to see so many Democrats trade in their Christianity for the religion of Political Correctness.

This “hating religion” carries far more weight now than Christianity which is why it is always rolled out to unite the faithful against the heathen.

It always strikes me as humorous that these kinds of attacks come from the Democratic Party, the party of slavery, Jim Crow, forced removal, internment camps, Margaret Sanger, and the list goes on.

Didn’t the former Secretary of State once call Senator Byrd her mentor?

Jon

Her math is skewed…its probably closer to 1/3 than 1/2…but, they are his core.

Those who support Trump, but do not fall into the distasteful but realistic categories she painted, should not take offense. What they should do, however, is distance themselves from those types, and drive them out of the GOP.

Not being American and being personally disgusted with Trump, I am disgusted even more with people who bash millions of people as “types”, who do not deserve to be heard. 1/3? Then, seeing that almost half of the voters are ready to vote for Trump, it’s 1/6 of the voters. How many is it, around 40 million people? And you are calling them “types”?! Perfect!

Is this surprising to anyone? This is what liberals/progressives think about anyone who disagrees with them. She just happened to say it out loud.

Oh, you mean like how the Democrats should distance themselves from:

• BLM , a racist, separatist, violent anti-Semitic group that regularly visits the White House
  • FDR, who interned American citizens.
  • The mentee of Senator Byrd

Jon

On the contrary, she was not politically correct enough. She told the truth, but apparently as politician you cannot always tell the truth.

This “hating religion” carries far more weight now than Christianity which is why it is always rolled out to unite the faithful against the heathen.

Her remarks have nothing to do with religion. Since when is Catholicism “racist, sexist, xenophobic, Islamophobic”? Only some Catholics are – deplorably so.

In any case it is obvious that Trump’s candidacy has opened up the dark side of the American soul – on the part of a sizable number of his supporters, that is. And I don’t like what I see.

The biggest difference between the right and left is that the left has absolutely no clue what anyone on the right is actually like or actually believes. They have carefully insulated themselves from all opposing views through universities, mass media, and social media, and their knowledge of what the right “believes” comes from other leftists discussing them. You will never hear an honest depiction of any beliefs of the right at most universities. The only debates that occur are between the left and the far left.

So when they are faced with opposition from a different ideology, they genuinely believe it’s because those people are simply Bad. Only someone who is Bad would oppose leftist ideology. After all, they don’t have any reason for their positions that the left is aware of, thus their positions are the result of their Badness.

It is amazing how similar their tactics are this cycle to, oh!, every other election cycle, but most notably the '64 election.
What bothers me most is that everything they say about Trump, as well as some of the things he has said, makes me suspicious that he truly is a progressive.

Jon

Mitt Romney’s “47 Percent” Comments

Another progressive Republican. Reminds one of his dad, famous for his stabbing Goldwater in the back.

Didn’t the republican led congress of South Carolina deny taking down the conservative flag after the Charlestown shootings?
didnt David duke a kkk leader support Trump?

I don’t think republicans are clean either.

That’s a good example of republicans speaking and then getting offended.

In 2006 then senator Allen of Virginia called a gentleman macaca, he lost the election. A republican.

Your indignation is misplaced.

While I was typing them, I never said they do not deserve to be heard.

And, in America, they are heard, and given opportunity to be heard. And, as one against Trump, I encourage them to speak, and want them to be heard, as they only detract from what little legitimacy Trump has as a Presidential candidate.

However, as much as they have the right to speak, others have an equal right to disagree.

By the way, I am not Pro-Clinton, but I am vehemently Anti-Trump.

Democrats arenth first to accuse Republicans of using “stereotypes” regarding Democrat voters, but apparently, as amply demonstrated throughout this campaign, Democrats’ use of stereotypes is fine, the double standard vigorously supported by the media.

Obama’s director of rapid response calls it a “tone-deaf statement divorced from reality.”

#BasketOfDeplorables

twitter.com/frankluntz/status/774493901134532608

Lis Smith:

“Basket of deplorables” reminds me of “binders full of women.” Equally tone deaf statements divorced from reality.

twitter.com/lis_smith/status/774485630122352644

So Trump supporters are a “basket of deplorables”.- racist, sexist, xenophobic, Islamophobic - you name it"

I don’t see where religion is mentioned here…or how anything Hillary said means “hating religion” or people “trading in their Christianity”.

It’s not political correctness she’s talking about when she calls out those who are “racist, sexist, xenophobic, Islamophobic”…
It’s about being humane people who are good and fair to others. That would be considered way more “Christian” than what others are suggesting.

I find the prospect of being ruled by Trump deplorable, but would never use the word to describe a human being. Maybe she was just shooting off her mouth carelessly?

ICXC NIKA

Why yes, of course.

You see Jon your praise for Trump and hatred for Clinton leads you to think I am a Democrat and a Clinton supporter. I am neither, I am only Anti-Trump to the bone…I voted for Republican candidates for POTUS without fail through George Bush the elder…unfortunately the GOP sold it’s soul to those “deplorables” Clinton spoke of.

The hope of the GOP, the nation, and the world rests in the defeat of Trump, so the GOP can spend 4 years weeding out the deplorables and turning back to the great party it once was.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.